*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/701462-Gross-Negligence
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1684115
A cozy place of my own in the buzzing town of Blogville, the city that truly never sleeps.
#701462 added July 13, 2010 at 9:28pm
Restrictions: None
Gross Negligence
No, I have not been grossly neglecting Blogville, although I have not blogged in several days, nor made any trips to any other blogs. Somehow in the past few days I have pulled off not getting anything in my inbox, which probably directly correlates to the fact that I have been an inactive member on WDC.

As a matter of fact, I have very good reasons for not stopping by: not only have some major changes occurred with my friends and family, but I collapsed at work yet a second time Sunday evening. My less-than-favorite manager, who had me in tears at the beginning of my shift anyway, called my mother as I slumped in the break room, and finally my mother said, "I'm taking you to the ER." Well, I'd been hoping to get off early, and my wish was granted.

The phlebotomist was - hooray! - a student, and not only drew four tubes of blood from a vein too small to hold the IV, but poked a hole through one side of the vein and out the other, leaving a fabulous pair of bruises about an inch on either side of the poking site. Nevertheless, four tubes of blood were collected and tested for everything - electrolytes, sugar, pregnancy, thyroid... everything. And everything was normal. However, I had just eaten my break food before the bloodwork, and in my appointment with my family doctor tomorrow afternoon I will mention one of those lovely two-hour sugar tests, which was recommended to me by another professional. Also, I'm wondering how my medication levels are. I do think I'm overmedicated, and said professional felt I was on a lot for an eighteen-year-old.

I have been so tired, dizzy, and out of sorts, ears ringing and mood swings, that I actually had a friend pick up my long work shift tomorrow morning to rest some more. Tonight I worked a brief - only three and a half hours - shift with one of my favorite managers (I genuinely like three of the four), during which I did not feel particularly well and downed a whole Powerade to keep myself steady. Naturally everyone knows about my 'condition' now, which no longer bothers me. It is what it is. I don't feel well, and I don't plan to hide it any more. But don't worry about me - I am in professionals' hands and trust them.

For something of a lighter note, I enjoyed a girls' lunch with some friends at a local Italian restaurant. We laughed and caught up with each other after over a month apart. Also, yesterday one of my best friends - a guy I've known at least a hundred years - convinced me to paint my unbitten nails bright red. His favorite color has been red for as long as I've known him, plus we were discussing the possibility of painting my nails Gryffindor colors, which was nullified as I have no gold paint. Later he called me a 'real femme fatale', which I truly felt. I told him I felt like I could take on the world, and make it up to a CEO's office without getting in bed - literally - with any of the guys on the way up. He laughed. Honestly, they say a woman can't feel fat in a pair of hot shoes, but I think a set of hot nails can do a girl's self-image some fun as well. *Wink*

© Copyright 2010 Jackie Laclède (UN: jacqueline at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jackie Laclède has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/701462-Gross-Negligence