*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/783186-The-Scream-of-Madness
Rated: E · Book · Entertainment · #1932477
It is a waste to ignore the musings of the mind.
#783186 added May 22, 2013 at 2:16am
Restrictions: None
The Scream of Madness
"The Scream of Madness" was born after I visited an asylum for women. My heart went to a lady cuddling a doll. When I asked the supervisor about the lady, I was informed that she lost her child at birth. She was devastated with her loss she became depressed. She cried every day. Her husband didn't understand why she took it hard and ultimately left her. He learned too late, though, that she could no longer have another child.

We all have a fear of something or other. But the fear of inheriting the madness of our ancestors is what I tried to write about in "The Scream of Madness". Clearly, there is that fear going through the daughter's mind as she tried to determine whether or not the madness that ran through her "father" was in her blood.

Fear is something we face daily in our lives. How, for example, do we cope if our child is taken away from us? We ask for help. From the police, from our neighbors, from our friends, from anyone who is willing to help. We make every effort to find our child, by ourselves, turn every corner, search the world, do everything possible, if only to keep us busy and stop horrible thoughts about what's happening to our child, go mad ourselves thinking whether our child is still alive. We may even go as far as using every penny we have to find our missing child. We will not stop until we have our child back in our arms.




© Copyright 2013 elephantsealer (UN: liliapadwes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
elephantsealer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/783186-The-Scream-of-Madness