*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/793049-Good-and-Evil
Rated: 13+ · Book · Community · #1950969
Spending some time with my mentor and reaching some conclusions about life.
#793049 added October 3, 2013 at 6:49am
Restrictions: None
Good and Evil
"Most people talk about good and evil but, how do you know the difference between them?" I asked my mentor.

"Well it's different from one person to another, and also from one religion to another, but you will find some common things between them like right and wrong, it's wrong to steal, kill, lie, rape, hate, insult, and hurt people in general." he sighed, "but then you will realize that people don't really think of it that way, they only care about what's good and what's in it for them. Neglecting others, and their conscious ."

"So you are saying people knows what's right and wrong yet, they choose to neglect it for their own benefits?" I asked

"Right and wrong yes, good and evil no, otherwise God wouldn't have had to list what's considered to be a sin and what's not." he paused, " and religions wouldn't be that different from each other when it came to good and evil."

"But right and wrong aren't always that obvious, situations in life are different."

"True, one of the more reasons of why you need to be close to God to know what to do." He smiled, "Not knowing the right from the wrong doesn't protect you from the consequences, for example a baby crawling on the balcony of the tenth floor, he knows nothing about gravity, still if he fell, he dies. it's entirely his choice."

"But, he is just a kid, and sure his parents will be there to protect him?" I asked puzzled

"True, he is a kid, and true his parents might try to protect him, but he could also refuse their protection, by pushing their hands away, which will lead to falling and dying."

"Couldn't they just take him away from the balcony?"

"That would be taking away his freedom, also if the baby insists he will probably find away to get there again. They could put some things to protect him like a fence that he couldn't pass." He winked

"Yeah, so you are saying God protect us yet, we refuse his protection sometimes and find a way to jump off the fence?"

"Exactly! God uses his words first like, parents would with that baby, when it doesn't work he use fences, and then when it doesn't work he put cushions on the floors to protect you from the fall, but the fall part will still hurt, along with the fall feeling."





© Copyright 2013 Nada Philippe (a.k.a: R.H.N) (UN: rhmn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Nada Philippe (a.k.a: R.H.N) has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/793049-Good-and-Evil