*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809129-Given-An-Hour-Who-Would-I-Want-To-Talk-With
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#809129 added March 5, 2014 at 10:26pm
Restrictions: None
Given An Hour, Who Would I Want To Talk With...
For Blog City...

March 5: You get to spend one hour with any person you choose - living or dead. Who is it? What do you talk about? What do you hope to learn from them?

I have given this some serious thought. I thought about talking to someone famous and gone from our world, like Jane Austin, but I do not feel up to that kind of a discussion โ€“ I would not feel smart enough, I suppose. In my mind she would be larger than life and that would be too intimidating to allow a conversation to flow, even if we took a walk along her British countryside.

Then I thought about talking to someone who has passed from my own life, like my father or grandmother, but that did not seem interesting enough. I love and miss them but just being with them would be enough. Talking would not need to pierce the time we would have together.

Then I thought Oprah. Oprah would be interesting to talk to. She is dynamic and worldly, but real and authentic; approachable, in a way that would not paralyze me at meeting someone of her status.

We could discuss books or spiritual matters. Anything, really. We would be genuinely interested in what each other had to say. An hour would go by so quickly. Like an old friend you have not seen in a long time and need to catch up. There would be few pauses and much laughter.
Our talk would settle in her kitchen where we would enjoy some delectable treats. Ohhhing and Ahhhing about their sweet sinfulness and decadence. Her dogs would get attention but not steal the show. A comfort of sorts. Later if time permitted we could walk her beautiful gardens and such be.
Now that would be a lovely. I could soak up her radiance and learn to be open and free as well. Oprah has so much to teach, but she is also open to otherโ€™s views. Sharing in that capacity would be monumental.





signature for the Paper Doll Gang. ** Image ID #1855238 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2014 ๐Ÿ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
๐Ÿ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809129-Given-An-Hour-Who-Would-I-Want-To-Talk-With