*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815642-Technology-Challenged-Average-Reader-My-Life-As-A-Book
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#815642 added May 2, 2014 at 8:55pm
Restrictions: None
Technology Challenged, Average Reader, My Life As A Book...
Today's Blogs...

Blog City – Day 60 – May 2, 2014


You're now in charge of writing the messages in fortune cookies. Tell us our fortunes.

You will live long and prosper. Is the first thing that pops into my head.
Write now, edit later.
Show up, you are the star of your own story.
Use your writing powers for good.


Border for my personal use.


30DBC – May 2


Are you technologically challenged? Does a universal remote make you want to run screaming in the streets? Or maybe you are one of the gifted. Maybe you have a talent for bailing out the techno-challenged and can't help but shake your head at all the fuss. (In which case I will feel perfectly justified in hating you. Be warned.) Write about the challenges of today's technology.

Now this describes my household. I am the technologically challenged while my husband is gifted. It is a good relationship in that sense - I mess crap up and he fixes it, it's all good. He is on speed dial for the rest of the family as well, as we are all hopeless.
The biggest only problem is if he is not here and I have a problem. Waiting for my laptop to be up and running can be a real pain, but luckily I also have a Surface 2 - let's just hope they do not both go down at the same time. My husband does have laptops of his own, but they have passwords that I can't remember - it is to keep me from messing them up as well - that is what he claims, anyway.
I could almost call my husband a techno junkie. Let me explain... if I go down into the basement, his realm, and want to watch TV, I would have to work my way through several clickers that turn on several items just to do so. It is all too complicated. So that means, I can not watch movies unless he is here to set the system up for us. When the renovations are done on the main floor, I will be able to watch the movies on my more reasonable system - if I can remember how to work the stuff up here. I may need a refresher course.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality - Week Nineteen


4.Who reads your blog? Summarise your average reader. Is this the audience you planned on?

The only blogs I write are on Writing.com so my 'average reader' is much like myself. A lover of the written word, that likes to share their thoughts and a chuckle. A reader, who writes, then takes as much pleasure in the reading of other people's blogs and commenting. A reader who enjoys the community and atmosphere here at Writing.com and contributes to that community.

7.If your life was a book, what would the main genre and subgenres be? What characters, plot twists or new subgenres would you like to introduce?

A comedy of errors along the lines of I Love Lucy. Things happen to me and I am astounded at how they got that way. It brings to mind Janet Evanovich's character, Stephanie Plum - without the Private Eye job - put Stephanie Plum in a supply teaching situation... that might work.







signature for the Paper Doll Gang. ** Image ID #1855238 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815642-Technology-Challenged-Average-Reader-My-Life-As-A-Book