*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815724-Time-Travellers-and-To-Delete-Or-Not-To-Delete
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#815724 added May 3, 2014 at 4:41pm
Restrictions: None
Time Travellers and To Delete Or Not To Delete...
Today's blog....

Blog City - DAY 61 - May 3, 2014


Have you ever gone back and deleted a whole blog post? Did you admit on your blog that the post was removed? Did it make you feel better or worse?

At this point I have only been blogging for a few months - well, maybe the beginning of the year. I have not posted anything I am dissatisfied with at this point. I write on another website then copy and paste so that I can edit before posting it to my blog. I have begun blogs and not liked where they were going and decided not to post until I could rework them. This happened this week, actually. I did an entry that I felt I had not done as well as I would have liked, so I did not post it - I did rework it the next day and then posted it then.

I am thinking I would not be inclined to delete a whole blog post - maybe I might edit it, but the writing reflects where I was at that time. To change it would be like trying to go back in time and change history. This is my story, my life and so my blog is a snapshot of my life at that point. My blog reflects who I am. You either like it or you don't.

I will admit some days are a flop and other days are not - but that is the essence of the writer's life - good days and bad. Showing both gives a more realistic picture of the ups and downs of the writing. If I am truly having a suckie day - I just won't post it.
Maybe time will change my view on this but for now - this is where I stand.

Border for my personal use.


30DBC - 30 Day Blogging Challenge

What is you Geek Zodiac symbol? Write a story or poem about it.
For reference you can visit this link - http://thegeekzodiac.com/


Here are my attempts at this, though I do not feel particularly comfortable with this 'character' - though I am born in a year that makes it my zodiac sign, I do not feel it fits me. So I may explore other venues to see if I might be more inspired by their sign.

I am drawn more to the time travel done in Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander series. That is something altogether different....

Drawn through time
As if pulled by a magnet
Through the eye of a needle
Sent on an adventure of discovery.
The time traveller jumps without any parachute.
Spanning the ages without knowing where
Or when they will drop into the mix.
Only their intelligence sustains
Them and guides their steps
Forward towards a quest
Of the unknown.

The idea I had in writing this poem was to get it into a shape like an arrowhead – pointing forward. Not a bad go of it.



© Copyright 2014 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815724-Time-Travellers-and-To-Delete-Or-Not-To-Delete