*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815960-Talents-Three-Necessities-and-The-Maleficent-Trailer
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#815960 added May 5, 2014 at 9:28pm
Restrictions: None
Talents, Three Necessities and The Maleficent Trailer
Today's blogs....

Blog City - DAY 63 - MAY 5, 2014


Three things you cant go without..

At this very moment in my life I would say My laptop, my cell phone and my Bible. Not really in that order.
The Bible would have to be first as it my manual of life, a connection to my source. It is also full of possible story prompts – the bible covers everything – good vs. Evil, intrigue, romance, you name it. A great source of inspiration on many levels.

My laptop because I find I spend a great deal of time on my computer with Writing.com getting a lot of my time and 750words.com not far behind. I create on this devise but also search for inspiration and information. It is a connection I enjoy and would be sad without it.

My cell phone because one must work and when I cannot access the internet version of Subfinder one can at least call in and see if there are any supply teaching jobs available. I also heard that as long as you have a cell phone you have a place people can reach you – many of the homeless have cell phones (I heard that last week).

Border for my personal use.


30 Day Blogging Challenge - May 5


May 5 Prompt - As a director of Maleficent, how would you start and end the movie? Give a brief summary for the beginning scenes and brief summary for the ending scenes. Be creative.

Today is Monday. Earl just saw the trailer for Maleficent - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-XO4XiRop0

I sooooo want to see this movie!!!!
It is based on Sleeping Beauty – on of my favourite fairy tales.

This is going to be a challenge... but I will see what I can do...

Do I start with a lovely scene of a child being born and fairies coming to a banquet to see the child and grant her future wishes.
Maleficent crashes the party and gives her curse to the young child – then vanishes in a swirl of smoke
One last fairy is left and she takes the edge off the curse making it only for 100 years.

Or should it be focused on Maleficent and her hearing of the baby and the banquet and being angered that she was not invited.

Do we go back further and try to make sense of why the curse will be placed or is that for a later moment.

Oh, my.... were to start....
My preference would be the banquet scene with all the fairy guests.


Now Endings must be happy... in my world, anyway.
Now I am not crazy about the heroine being rescued by the prince – a lovely ending is all good – so how do I end this?

Maleficent must meet her demise. The innocence of Sleeping Beauty must wither her – but how? But to bring things into a possible sequel, Maleficent’s demise must seem real, but she is able to swirl away....

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality - Week Twenty


1. Share one of your talents with us (preferably non-writing related). Is it a natural talent or a skill you worked at? Does anyone in the family share your talent?

Writing is my most prominent talent and focus and I did have a great grandmother with a talent for writing – she kept a journal and had a love of reading many of us have garnered – she was my grandfather’s mother, I believe.

But as I turn my gaze to other talents I would say drawing steps up. I love to draw – it is something that I have had to work at, but I enjoy the challenge of working at capturing images. I do better with the image in front of me and love to draw Disney characters. I used to draw characters from stories student’s would read – copy them and then let the student’s colour them and take them home. I also used to draw a student of mine with Rett’s Syndrome – she would often fall asleep. The pictures I drew often got set home to her family.

As a child, my mother and I used to hike out on nature trails with our sketch pads and pencils and find a place to sketch and picnic on a sunny weekend day. I loved those days. We often still take days like that – though with Mom being 77, we tend to go places where she can sit on a bench to sketch instead of the ground.

As a teenager, my mother used to design clothes for her younger sister’s paper dolls. She is really quite talented, but would never admit it. She worked as a secretary to support us, but now as a retiree she takes water colour lessons at the senior center and really enjoys herself.

© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815960-Talents-Three-Necessities-and-The-Maleficent-Trailer