*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816097-Attitude-and-Message-In-A-Bottle
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#816097 added May 6, 2014 at 9:56pm
Restrictions: None
Attitude and Message In A Bottle
Today blog's...

30 Day Blogging Challenge


May 6 Prompt - If you were to put a message in a bottle and send it out to sea, what would you write? Would you meet the person that finds your bottle?

If I was going to do this I would be inclined to write something moving and inspiring; something that would touch the life of the person who finds it. But what would I say? What words of wisdom or encouragement would I impart. I don't expect I would ever meet the person, but I would hope my words lifted them up in some way.

Now all that being said, I am feeling on the more tired side tonight so my inspiration meter is feeling burnt out. The concept of writing the actual letter will have to be postponed until such a time as my mind can crawl out of its slump.

Border for my personal use.


Blog City – Day 64 – May 6, 2014


Do you consider your glass half-full or half-empty?

I have learned that this is a matter of attitude. As a child, growing up in a darker, depressed situation, I would say I learned to be 'glass is half-empty' type of gal. My mother's depression went unchecked and unaddressed until we moved to southern Ontario. Then she was directed to get help and diagnosed with slow synapses in her brain and given medication which we call her 'happy pills'. Things lightened up. With her own more positive outlook things improved.

Growing up I started to make my own decisions and found influence in Oprah Winfrey's positivity and others like her - namely Julia Cameron (author of The Artists Way) and Natalie Goldberg (author of Writing Down The Bones). My own life experiences, particularly those that had me working with children with special needs, had me looking at the world with more gratitude. I began to appreciate what I had and appreciate the others around me and what they could teach me.

As a teacher, I try to instill a sense of positivity into the classroom community. I want them to know they can choose their attitude.
I have changed into a 'half-full' kind of gal - I have what I have and I appreciate and give thanks for it. It's all about attitude and gratitude. It's all about choice.


© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816097-Attitude-and-Message-In-A-Bottle