*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817129-Special-Needs-and-Cars
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#817129 added May 17, 2014 at 10:09pm
Restrictions: None
Special Needs and Cars
Today's blog....

30 Day Blogging Challenge


May 17-Opinion Sat. | Autism, ADHD, Mongoloid, Special Child
These children are born with special needs. How do you show support and acknowledge them? Are they more of a burden or blessing?


Having worked as an educational assistant before going to Teachers College, I have to say all these children are a blessing and so are the parents that raise them, particularly those who advocate for their child and support what is being done at school so that the child can have consistency across their home and school lives.

I have learned to look for the best in all children – sometimes that’s a challenge, but it is so worth it. Many times a child may have a disability but also have a home situation that does not help the child. Many of these students have met with so many adults who get frustrated with them, that they stop thinking someone out there wants to help them. There defenses are high. Reaching them a challenge. I had several children like this in one of my classes when I worked in a more needy area of Cambridge. Getting them to trust was difficult, but worth it. When I finished my time there (I was only temporary) I moved on to other schools, but I still wonder how those boys are managing.

Mongoloid is not term really used around here – we say a child with Down Syndrome.

I have learned so much from children who have special needs. I have gained confidence in my own abilities by not being so concerned what others think. I have learned to be grateful for the small, happy things of life.

If you meet a child with Autism – you have met ONE child with autism – each and every one of them is uniquely different. My client has autism. His brother has ADHD. They often have both in one family. I have been with this family for 19 and Β½ years.

I find a lot of the supports we devise and put into a classroom for these students often benefit all the other students – things like displaying the day’s schedule and going over it so that everyone is aware of what is coming up over the day.

Border for my personal use.


Blog City – Day 75 – May 17


What's missing from your car to make it the greatest ride you could ever dream of?

Off hand I would say wings so I could rise and fly about the traffic when it goes busy or backed up. Aside from that I like my little Corolla the way it is. Unlike my husband, who is a car buff, I have no big interest in cars beyond where they can get me.

Today I helped my husband clean and get a car ready to be polished and buffed. I spent three and a half hours out in the chill of this Saturday. He spent another three hours polishing the car before returning it to its owner. He will have another two days over the next several weeks to complete the whole process. I am not all that interested in thinking more about a car.


© Copyright 2014 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817129-Special-Needs-and-Cars