*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817960-Normalcy-Old-Photographs-Movie-Lines-and-Happiness
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#817960 added May 26, 2014 at 9:55pm
Restrictions: None
Normalcy, Old Photographs, Movie Lines and Happiness
Today's Blogs....

Blog City – Day 84 – May 26


Prompt: Define what "Normal" means to you.

Being a Psychology major I believe there is no such thing as normal. We all have a sense of where we are and what is our own 'normal'.

Border for my personal use.


30 Day Blogging Challenge


May 26 - Choose any photographs from your album or photo book. If you can upload, the better. Say anything from that photo and include this thought while making a blog about it.

A sight of one faded photograph
Halts my pace at a moment
Asking myself why are you so real
Where are you now, where is our love?
This poem is written by Earl. Nicely done, Earl.

Photographs of me as a baby I have no physical memory of but I look at the photograph and listen to the stories told from my relatives who know those photographic moments. The story is sweet. The love radiates. One such picture is of my grandmother changing me in my crib in the bedroom of my old house on Lakeshore Road in New Liskeard, Ontario. Now that house no longer exists (it burnt down), my grandmother has passed away, but I look at that photograph and I can see her love and joy at doing such a basic task as changing a baby. I feel her love and know I was special to her; as much as she was special to me and I feel blessed by that moment and the others that followed.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality - Week Twenty - Two


1. What is your favourite all time movie quote and why?

I always find myself giggling at the line "laugh it up furball." It is said by Han Solo to the Wookie when he lands in the cell after being taken out of the carbonite freeze. It is from the movie - Return on the Jedi. I love that movie and Harrison Ford is a favourite of mine.

2. Do you consider yourself to be a happy person, generally speaking? why or why not?

I would like to see myself as a happy person. I do find myself smiling a lot but happiness is not all there is. Contentment is far better. Being happy in the place where you are regardless of the circumstances. Being grateful and cultivating a grateful attitude is important to make life a little lighter.

I look for the lighter moments of life. I enjoy the wildlife that crosses my path. The cardinal that stops by my window to say 'hi' every morning. The robin that feeds her baby birds by my front door. The smell of my first coffee in the morning. Those little red markers in my email mailbox to tell me I have mail. Crawling into the soft cool sheets at night after a busy day. Little light moments that build a life moment by moment. Present and aware. Those are the things I find happiness in.

Sure winning a contest is great but the moment is fleeting like all the rest. Depending on those moments only is not the way to live a happy life.

© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817960-Normalcy-Old-Photographs-Movie-Lines-and-Happiness