*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822722-War-Chest-Tuesday---Animal-Testing-and-Fashion-Sense
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#822722 added July 15, 2014 at 11:14pm
Restrictions: None
War Chest Tuesday - Animal Testing and Fashion Sense
Today's blogs....

30 Day Blogging Challenge


Warchest Tuesday Tell us about a time you had to choose between two options. Against the opinion of your family and friends you chose the unpopular choice. Why? What were you hoping the choice would provide?

I do not like to rock the boat so making an unpopular choice against the opinion of my family and friends tends not to happen and if it did I would not be broadcasting it. Sorry.

Border for my personal use.


Blog City – Day 134


Mitch's Prompt: Let's go hardcore issue. Animal testing - yes, no, maybe. Let me hear your opinion.

You see this on many products - not tested on animals, but what does it really mean. Are animals bred just for this purpose... but what kind of life is that. I don't think that is right. I realize you have to make sure things are healthy and safe for human, use but it just seems inhumane. If they don't test on animals what do they test on and how do they make sure it is viable for human consumption? And do we really need this stuff if it has potential hazards? Why do we feel the need to use such products. I tend to prefer the more health conscious, less crap options. Things my grandmother used and trusted. Some of these new products are all hype, they are probably not even going to do what they proclaim. I am thinking about things like makeup and facial cleansers and creams. Do we need these things? I don't think so. I am not a huge fan of makeup and though I use it, I use very little.

This is not a topic I have really given a lot of thought too, but I am intrigued with what others have to say.

Charlie's Prompt: Do you believe in any conspiracy theories? Which ones and why?

I don't follow any conspiracy theories. I am interested to see what others think about this.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality – Week Thirty


7. Of all the fashions that have come and gone, which was your favourite, and which do you hope never returns?

I am not the most fashion conscious person. Some days, the fact that my socks match is a good day - although apparently mismatched socks is the current trend! I have a pair made to mismatch that I love. I bought them because I like them, but also so that I can 'prove' that mismatched socks are the in thing. So much better than guys showing their boxers with their pants hanging around their asses - that reminds me of a soggy wet diaper and they say it is so 'gangster' - it's a crap style. Another style I hated was polyester from the early seventies - that was just plain ugly. I was a pretty child bound and gagged in the stuff. I had a geography teacher in high school in the mid - eighties that was still wearing those pathetic polyester checkerboard pant suits. She was weird.

What fashions did I like? I tend to like casual and comfortable. Aside from the mismatched socks I could go with the well padded shoulders of my blazers of the eighties if I had to choose. Well fitting, not tight, jeans are great too - I did not get my first pair until I was ten years old.



© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822722-War-Chest-Tuesday---Animal-Testing-and-Fashion-Sense