*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
12
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840599-Blog-Charades-Mean-Stinks-Measles-Rant-and-Lost-In-Love
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#840599 added February 6, 2015 at 11:15am
Restrictions: None
Blog Charades, Mean Stinks, Measles Rant and Lost In Love
Today's blogs....

Blog City โ€“ Day 339


I'm going easy on ya this time. Make a list of 15 things/elements of your favorite television program and place them in italics in your blog as part of your conversation with us. Don't tell us the name of the show but you can include locations, common phrases used in the show. Let's see how many of us can guess correctly. Kind of like playing charades but blog style.

This is not easy. Fun, but not easy. What show would I pick... I don't watch near enough TV to really pick anything in particular. I guess I would have to go with ADVISE that comes with DAILY DOSES JUST IN CASE YOU MISSED THEM. I tune in in the AFTERNOON and see his SMILING FACE as he greets everyone. So many people are excited about being the }ASSISTANT OF THE DAY, and they rush down and HUG HIM. That part drives me nuts. What is the big deal? Sometimes he INTERVIEWS people who have overcome HEALTH ISSUES and he wants to share their stories with the general public so that we can make INFORMED DECISIONS about our bodies. Some days he wears his SCRUBS and everyone is always excited about PUTTING ON THE PURPLE GLOVES in order to touch BODY PARTS. He is always careful not to RECOMMEND any particular product and anyone who purports to use HIS NAME OR LOGO should be reported.

It should be interesting to see what other shows people come up with...

Border for my personal use.


This is unrelated but I needed to talk about this.... CYBER BULLYING

This morning I watched a video of cyber bullying and how to combat it. An issue I think we need to address in this day and age. Apparently the World's Biggest Assembly was held on February 4 of this year. It is in connection with The Duff movie - that is due out in theatres soon. Here's a sneak at the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci7eKlNRiuw

Mean Stinks โ€“ letโ€™s put an end to cyber bullying and make the world a better place. It may be a little long but worth it.... watch it with your kids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raDggNgdeVc

Border for my personal use.


30 Day Blogging Challenge - Day 6


Prompt: As a result of the Measles outbreak, there's been an ongoing controversy about immunizations for school age kids. Tell me about your position and/or experience.
This prompt is from my friend ๐ŸŒ• HuntersMoon and it is greatly appreciated! It is also very timely considering the outbreaks in California and here in Toronto.

In Toronto, there were 4 cases 3 of them were not immunized. I have also heard that some people who get immunized do not have the serum take to their system - leaving them susceptible to the virus. I would say, given so many of us survived through getting our immunizations as children, that it should be mandatory for the safety of the child and the children they are around.

If something is going to keep me safe, I would much rather go with it than risk my future. I am thankful I was immunized.

In this day and age you can get anything from anything. Cancer from existing. The media can whip into a whirlwind if there is even a hint of an issue. It is crazy. Immunizations are a health and safety issue.

The whole thing with immunizations linking to autism has been discredited, but it has made parents leery. Several celebrities have brought this issue to light. One of them is Jenny McCarthy who claimed her child got autism from his immunizations. I am not a big fan of Jenny McCarthy anyway.... Her ideas that autism can be cured really bother me... autism cannot be cured.... symptoms can be minimized, but not cured. But that is an issue for another day.
http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/2015/02/04/measles-and-an-outbreak-of-celeb...

I think the best visual on this discussion was put forth by Penn and Teller....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfdZTZQvuCo

I think it is for the betterment of all society to get your children immunized.

Other tidbits:
To get it..
You donโ€™t even have to be in the same room. Up to two hours after an infected person leaves a room, an unvaccinated person breathing its air could still catch measles. Coughing, sneezing and even talking can pass on the virus through droplets in the air.
Source: http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2015/02/03/measles-outbreak-answers-to-your-ques...

The same article mentions...
Whatโ€™s the rule for students regarding measles vaccines in Ontario?
Under Ontarioโ€™s Immunization of School Pupils Act, students are required to provide vaccination records to attend school. Without proof of vaccination, they can be suspended from school unless they submit an exemption form.

How do I get exempted?
Parents can complete a Statement of Conscience or Religious Belief exemption form, have it signed by a commissioner of oaths and submit it to the school or Toronto Public Health. Parents do not have to explain why they are requesting the exemption. For a Statement of Medical Exemption form, parents need to have the form signed by a medical doctor, a nurse or a nurse practitioner.

How many students seek exemptions?
In 2012/2013, approximately 5,939 Toronto students โ€” 1.6 percent โ€” had exemptions to the MMR vaccine.

I think it is for the betterment of all society to get your children immunized. It is your social responsibility.
Thank you... my rant is now over... my cold is making this go all over the place... please excuse the messy thoughts....

Border for my personal use.


Soundtrack of my Life - Day 6


Love Songs โ€“ Theme for music blog.
** Image ID #2023824 Unavailable **

Air Supply โ€“ Lost In Love


I got this album when I got my first record player. I think I was 12 or 13 at the time. I got it for Christmas along with a Men At Work album (both Australian bands). I would put this record on every night before I went to sleep and let these two singers sing me to sleep. I found it very relaxing. Even now when I hear the music from this album I will feel myself relax.

© Copyright 2015 ๐Ÿ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
๐Ÿ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840599-Blog-Charades-Mean-Stinks-Measles-Rant-and-Lost-In-Love