*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
12
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842368-Internet-Dating-Worlds-Traits--Take-My-Breath-Away
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#842368 added February 23, 2015 at 9:19pm
Restrictions: None
Internet Dating, Worlds, Traits & Take My Breath Away
Today's blogs...

30 Day Blogging Challenge – Day 23


We live in an age where you can do anything and everything on the internet. You can purchase airline tickets, buy clothing, electronics, even groceries online. There’s even online dating. What are your thoughts? Have you ever/would you ever try online dating? Do you think it’s a better way to meet people or are you skeptical or leery of it? Tell us your thoughts and/or experiences with it.

Given the age span of this group... I am thinking internet dating is not something some of us would even consider, but I am sure we all have thoughts on it. I am already married and back when we started dating there was no internet dating that I am aware of. I would tend to be leery and skeptical. You are going out with person on the basis of their profile which may or may not be accurate. Who is to say that they are not lying. But then even face to face conjures us false faces. Meeting and dating is a tricky business.

Border for my personal use.


Blog City – Day 356


Prompt: Utopia and Dystopia are imagined worlds in which humanity lives in the worst possible or best possible conditions. If you were to write about either, which one would you choose and what would your version of that world look like?

I am a positive person but I would tend to write in the more worst possible condition because their is more conflict within that realm. Even if I started out with the best possible conditions I would look for the cracks in the foundation - things to bring out the drama and angst. Too good is too perfect and perfection is boring. Perfection is a cover up.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality – Week Sixty – Two


4. We all have traits that have been passed on to us, whether they are physical traits, personality traits, mannerisms, etc. Tell us about at least one trait that was passed on to you, who it came from and how you feel about it.

I just saw something recently about a study done on mice where a group of mice had the smell of cherry blossoms and fear combined. They found even two generations afterward the the mice were still afraid of cherry blossoms without having been exposed to the original fear stimulus. (I believe it was the show on past lives on Dr. Oz - which I was only partly listening to).

Does that thing really happen in people? Is my fear of confrontation, that is so much like my father's, passed down from him or have I learned it from seeing him interact with my mother? I only had eight years of seeing the interact. I also remember my great aunt saying I had many of my father's mannerisms without realizing it - she'd know him since he was a boy and they were closer in age (she was my grandmother's youngest sister - in a family of 12 - my grandmother was one of the older ones).

As for physical traits I used to be amazed at a photograph of my father and his brother when they were around ten. My cousin and I looked just like our fathers at that age, except for our longer hair. Had we put our hair up and redone the picture you probably could see the huge family resemblance.

5. Do you know what your next piece of writing will be? Do you plan things ahead of time, or just write when you're inspired?

I don't really know what my next piece of writing will be. In fact, I just finished the Romantica workshop and I worked with two characters I may want to do more with in the future, but for now I am please with the love scenes that came out of that workshop. The need some polishing but I like the characters and their story.

I tend not to wait for inspiration. I tend to start writing and see if my muse joins me... she often does, but if she doesn't that is okay, I guess. More often than not, she does and a story or poem finds its way into being.

Even when I am writing a bigger piece, like the Nano novel I want to get back to, I find I may do a little planning but I am open to where the characters take me. It is like that quote about writing being like driving down a dark highway... you can only see so far ahead of you as you drive into the darkness.

Border for my personal use.


Soundtrack of my Life - Day 23


Love Songs – Theme for music blog.

** Image ID #2023824 Unavailable **


Take My Breath Away – Berlin



This is from the movie Top Gun and though I am not a big fan of Tom Cruise, I liked the story in this movie.


© Copyright 2015 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842368-Internet-Dating-Worlds-Traits--Take-My-Breath-Away