*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/850325-Introvert-Extrovert-The-Continuum
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#850325 added May 26, 2015 at 11:58pm
Restrictions: None
Introvert, Extrovert... The Continuum.
Today's blog...

Welcome To My Reality - Week Seventy - Five


1. Are you introvert, extrovert or somewhere in the middle? How does this affect your day-to-day life? Is there any time you wish you could be more reserved or more outgoing?

I have heard that their is no perfectly introvert or extrovert - it is a continuum. You may lean in one direction more than another and in some cases, we introverts, have learned to be extroverted to be able to 'fit in'.

As a supply teacher, I find I go in to work - staying in extrovert mode until I leave the school and then when I get home I don't want to talk to anyone. I need to have peace and quiet and time to chill... after a nap.

I often find I need to shift gears in social situations to feel like I am accepted. Sometimes, it is just easier to find a coffee shop and a good book. Being able to sit and read or watch others without interacting is often quite a pleasant experience. I still have the option to talk, but it is not necessary.

Even in the classroom, with all the group work, it is good to remember to encourage and appreciate all the various learning styles - too often extroverts are seen as the way to be... and I am sure this opinion changes with the times. Introverts have a lot to offer as well. Both ways of approaching the world bring out the best in all of us. Giving students various ways to be accessed and giving them a choice makes the experience for meaningful and lets them know that it is okay to be what they are.

The best Ted Talk on Introverts is this...
http://www.ted.com/talks/susan_cain_the_power_of_introverts?language=en

© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/850325-Introvert-Extrovert-The-Continuum