*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/850882-A-Little-Poetry-Childhood-Ambitions--What-I-Like-About-Me
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#850882 added June 2, 2015 at 11:44pm
Restrictions: None
A Little Poetry, Childhood Ambitions, & What I Like About Me
Today's blogs....

This is a miss-match of blog prompts I have done over the last two days...

Blog City – Day 454


Prompt: May 31 is Walt Whitman’s birthday. He wrote: ““I do not ask the wounded person how he feels, I myself become the wounded person.” And he also said: “The poet judges not as a judge judges but as the sun falling around a helpless thing.” When it comes to writing or reading poetry or life in general, what do you think of his above quotes?

Poetry is the essence of the experience. It does not judge. It does not look on as an outsider. The poet and his or her poem beats with the fullness of life within the experience. It enters into the beating of the heart, the pumping of the blood, the quickening of the senses. Complete felt experience - joined by the commonality of humanity with the spark that draws us all together.

Border for my personal use.


Blog City – Day 455


Prompt: “When you’re awake, you know you’re awake. But when you aren’t, you don’t know you aren’t. The question is, how do you know you exist?” by Maria Popova in Brain Pickings Write whatever you wish about this, through any form, style, genre, fiction, non-fiction or poetry.

We are the embodiment of our senses.
Touch, Taste, Scent, Sight and Sound.
The world is opened up in all its myriad of delights
To be awake,
Fully awake
One must be present in all the senses
Awareness lies in that presence
Too many live an existence that is dim
Their senses are dulled by darkness
They are lost in their heads
Thoughts take them outside their bodies
And place them into oblivion
They may seem awake
But their hearts are closed down
Absent and away
To reawaken they must let their thoughts go
And embrace the here and now
Find the gift of presence
And peace will give them back their lives.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality - Week Seventy - Six


3. What did you want to be when you grew up? What is it that appealed to you about that job/career? Did your actual job/career come close to what you thought you wanted to do? Why or why not?

I played school downstairs in my basement as a kid. My mother had two school desks from an old school and I used them and my chalkboard to teach my dolls to read and do their math. I would spend hours at it.

I spent time teaching my next door neighbour friend to colour inside the lines.

My favourite aunt was a teacher. My grandfather's sister-in-law was a retired grade five teacher. I loved spending time with her.

Teaching has always been something I wanted to be... now I work as a supply teacher - hoping one day to have my own classroom... but we will see.

5. Most of us can quickly rhyme off a long laundry list of what we don't like about ourselves. In this blog entry discuss what it is that you DO like about yourself.

I find myself skittering on the brink of dark thoughts these days and looking for the good is a challenge... but I also know that forcing myself to find the pockets of light in my life may help fend off the fog of self doubt and negativity that plagues me.

I like that lyrical prose can find its way through me and come out onto the page.
I like that I can create stories that entertain.
I like that I like to help others and bring a smile to their day.
I like to see learning happen and know that I have contributed to that process for a student.
I like that I generally tend to focus on the positive.
I like that I generally tend to look for the good in others.
I like...

6."I love you and I'm sorry" are two of the most important and powerful phrases you can say to another. What do they mean to you? Do you have difficulty expressing those sentiments? If so, why?

You can't say these words as a Bandaid or they just fall flat. If you say them so often, but you don't make the necessary changes to fix where the problem occurred then they become empty to the person you are saying them to.

I watched an interesting comedy sketch about women apologizing... do we realize how often we apologize for our existence.... It is sad really.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/14/amy-schumer-im-sorry-not-sorry_n_727650...

This is a great look at what we do and what it sounds like to stop apologizing...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzL-vdQ3ObA

Sorry, Not sorry.

© Copyright 2015 đź’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
đź’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/850882-A-Little-Poetry-Childhood-Ambitions--What-I-Like-About-Me