*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/857425-Day-14---Summer-Foods-and-the-Virtual-Canyon-Lodge-Area
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#857425 added August 15, 2015 at 12:08am
Restrictions: None
Day 14 - Summer Foods and the Virtual Canyon Lodge Area
30 Day Blogging Challenge – Day 14


It's another beautiful night in Yellowstone in the mid 40's Fahrenheit and we are going to see a cowboy show at the amphitheater by Canyon Lodge. Dinner at the lodge with real tables and chairs, woohoo. My back was so ready, what about yours.

Tomorrow a guide from Yellowstone is taking us to Upper and Lower Falls, bring your camera, lots of great photo opportunities. We will be picnicking there for lunch and swimming in the pools under the falls. It is going to be in the mid 80's, perfect for water activities. We are staying at the lodge until Monday. Post office, laundry, showers and nightly entertainment.

Over lunch in this amazing setting and the delicious food from the lodge I thought I would pick your brains, you know how I am about questions... what do you think are the differences in food eaten in the summer time around the world? Share with us something specific from where you live? Is it easy to make or difficult? What about family traditions, do you have certain foods that only appear in the summer months?


With out a doubt, the first thing that comes to mind is corn on the cob. I may have corn at other times of the year, but rarely do I venture an out of season cob.

Fresh Ontario vegetables are also so much sweeter when they are in season - peaches, carrots, tomatoes. You know the romaine is local when it is not washed and its dark soil clings to its delicate leaves. We grew our own yellow wax beans this year, but they were not that great - the first picking were great - only 18 beans, but then they were awful. My tomatoes are not growing very well either, but we will see.

So tonight is a cowboy show at the amphitheater by Canyon Lodge. Dinner at the lodge sounds like a wonderful idea. I expect I will venture out on one of the many trails in this area. Not to worry, I will not go alone. I am sure one of our group will go along or I will get in with another group willing to share their time. Sometimes the company of strangers can be just what you need. I'll take my camera, my sketch book and my notebook. I am sure there will be time to stop and take in all the area has to offer.

I had to laugh when a few of us looked a little put out that there are no TV or A/C facilities in any of the rooms. No worries here, but I could see my husband balking at that. For him the TV is first thing on and last thing off. I would prefer to leave it off and read.

Not sure about the cowboy show. I am not a huge Country and Western music person. I like a variety of music, but that honky tonk Western stuff is too much for me. My mother's boyfriend loves that stuff. I was sitting in the back seat of his car and I could not help letting out a howl when the music came on. He laughed and told me mother that he guessed I wouldn't be joining them out at the Maryhill hotel for a night of country music. He would be right.

If I do pass on the show, I may find a place to hole up and write. Being in a new place always gets the creative juices flowing.


© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/857425-Day-14---Summer-Foods-and-the-Virtual-Canyon-Lodge-Area