*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/885774-Truth---Do-You-Know-What-It-Is
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#885774 added June 29, 2016 at 2:18pm
Restrictions: None
Truth - Do You Know What It Is?
Blog City - Day 841


Prompt: We all think we know what truth is; however, what if truth is really a collection of feelings and attitudes? Or do the emotions and attitudes affect truth in some way? What are your thoughts on this?

Perception plays a big role in our truth. What I experience and bring to the table is different than everyone else... it colours my perception and my attitudes to how I interact and view the new experience. So I would have to say feelings and attitudes play a role in truth, but there is also our beliefs... We each hold these as self evident truths... truths that guide our way of living. But even within those beliefs there are variations.
All religions have their beliefs and truths.... most follow one God, but view that God in their own way - Loving Heavenly Father, Unmerciful Tyrant or some other entity... how you view that, affects how you live.

Most who believe in God, believe God is Love... yet some, the more radical factions, see their truth as having to destroy other nations and ways of living and believing. They let their hate guide them... and to me that is just wrong.

We all all mere humans trying to make sense of our world. Some used to believe that religion was the opium of the people - I believe that was Lenin or Stalin, but I find comfort in my spiritual beliefs. I won't tell others what to believe or how to believe, but I also don't want to be told my way is the wrong way... who really knows the full Truth.

Organized religion can be oppressive... but it does not have to be. I think when people interpret their religious teachings that is when our own personal truths seep in and cloud what the Truth really is... does anyone really know what is truth and what is not. I don't believe they do.

© Copyright 2016 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/885774-Truth---Do-You-Know-What-It-Is