*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886989-Current-Issues-Fun-News--Asking-For-Help-Is-Not-A-Weakness
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#886989 added July 10, 2016 at 2:00pm
Restrictions: None
Current Issues, Fun News & Asking For Help Is Not A Weakness
Happy Sunday everyone!!

I was watching Oprah's Super Soul Sunday and she was interviewing Elie Weisel, the author or Night. He is a Holocaust survivor and an activist. I wanted to share a few quotes to get us thinking and remembering that we are all the same - humans. Colour, ethnicity, gender and sexual orientations should not matter. We should be united as we each matter. No one group matters more than any other... but sometimes society forgets that, hence the current 'Black Lives Matter' - this is not exclusionary, it is merely reminding people that black lives matter, too I have read a few excellent articles that I will include here as well for your perusal and as a reminder to myself.

First Elie Weisel's quotes:
The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.

We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.

There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.


http://www.biography.com/people/elie-wiesel-9530714

http://fusion.net/story/170591/the-next-time-someone-says-all-lives-matter-show-...
http://imgur.com/a/YkDVQ

Love this lady:
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world/u-s-cop-on-recent-shootings-how-dare-you...

30 Day Blogging Challenge


The Sunday News!
It's been a rough week here in the US, and a rough month in Europe...instead of the typical Sunday prompt where I come up with a newsworthy item to discuss, I think now's the right time to focus on some good news. Do a little bit of lookin' around, and share with us something positive happening.


Now I like this version of the prompt...
Canadian excitement for Milos Raonic and his first men's final at Wimbledon. Great to see and be proud of his accomplishments.
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/fans-gather-watch-canadian-milos-raonic-play-first-080...

Others step up to help a lady who really can't afford this... besides her dog is half blind... it is not gong to do anything. It is also her first offence... a warning would be enough.
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/calgary-community-offers-to-pay-seniors-dog-170040402....

Just a little fun:
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/video/jets-play-tic-tac-toe-084600919.html

Border for my personal use.


Love Louder - Amplifying My Life


I have decided as part of my blog to comment on each of Preston Smiles's ways to Love Louder. He has written an intriguing little book or 33 Ways To Amplify Your Life. The full title is Love Louder: 33 Ways To Amplify Your Life.

Day 12 - Ask And It Is Given: The Art Of Asking For Help

"Because we live in a world that rewards the do-it-yourself, self sufficient mentality, the idea of asking for help can be challenging at the least. But turning up the volume on your life requires mastering the art of asking for help."

Asking for help is not a sign of weakness. This is something I must remind myself. We must not be afraid of rejection or looking bad. Reaching out for what you want, asking for help propels your life forward. "It takes a massive amount of courage and vulnerability to ask for help, and that no matter what you desire on the planet, it involves people." This is contrary to the "bootstrapping do-it-yourself mentality being propagated around the world". According to Preston Smiles, we "never do anything without the help of others." And remember, It's okay to not know everything. "The key is for us to seek support from those who've accessed something we'd like to experience more of in our lives." Seek out others who have the know-how in an area we want to improve in... there are people out there that will not only help you, but will go the extra mile to support you.

Before you ask for help:
1. Admit you need help. Remember you can't do it all or know it all.

2. Identify specifically what help you need. The more detailed the better.

3. Identify who is skilled in that area.


My ex was very much in the do-it-yourself camp. It helped that he had researched and learned how to fix cars and computers... he was the go to person for a lot of these issues at work and among his circle of friends. My worry is who do I go to know? Will he still help me? He has, but I need to pay. He charges the friend rate, but I used to get these things done without charge as I was family.
I hate asking for help, but I know I can't do things on my own. I need others. I need their support and in return I can give my support and appreciation.
I am grateful for my family and friends who are their for me. I am blessed in that way. I just need to ask... they don't know I need the help if I don't ask.

© Copyright 2016 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886989-Current-Issues-Fun-News--Asking-For-Help-Is-Not-A-Weakness