*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890786-Izzy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#890786 added August 25, 2016 at 4:35pm
Restrictions: None
Izzy
Awhile back I mentioned that I had sent for a ukulele. It came a week ago today and so far I have learned how to hold it, how to strum it, how to tune it, and 2 chords, C & G7. The chords are the hard part. My fingers do not naturally want to bend like little U's. But they have to or they "mash" other strings, messing up the chord sound. And the instructions say to practice these chords until you can change them "seamlessly." I need lots of practice. "Over the Rainbow" is a long way off (my goal).

But it is a cute little thing (the uke) and it sounds great when I'm strumming and Mopsy is a very attentive audience...my only audience. She sits close by when I play, ears perked up, and she doesn't complain about the sour notes when I'm tuning. I guess you could call her the perfect audience. There are about a zillion places on the web giving uke instructions and guess what, everyone is different, different ways to strum, different ways to hold, different ways to learn, so I'm sticking with the booklet I ordered with it which includes a website too.

Anyway, here's my goal, my idol and Jim's fav...

until next time...c

© Copyright 2016 Happy Mom's Day 2024! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy Mom's Day 2024! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890786-Izzy