*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891290-TS-Hermine
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#891290 added September 1, 2016 at 8:55am
Restrictions: None
T.S. Hermine
Hermine is coming although she has veered to the north a little. It's early morning and raining now, very gently, from a front ahead of her. I cut my back yard grass yesterday in case we get some wind so dropping pine boughs will be easier to pick up and take out front for the debris man next Tuesday. It's very quiet with only the noise of singing birds. And it is cooler this morning.

Yesterday evening at dusk as I sat here "computing" I looked out the window and saw Mr. Snake getting a drink from my birdies' bath. It hangs over my front porch railing. i grabbed Jim's cane, went out and "encouraged" him to wriggle back down into the nearby shrub. He was slow but very compliant. I wonder why he was out at dusk and getting a drink when water is everywhere from all the rain we've been having? I guess the birds are an enticement. I have reconciled myself to snakes...as you can see. And the birds are snake-smart, staying away when he is around.

We had a beautiful sunset yesterday, blues and pinks and yellows, making up for this overcast dreary morning with an unwelcome visitor on her way.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2016 Happy Mom's Day 2024! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy Mom's Day 2024! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891290-TS-Hermine