*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891169-London---Day-4---Day-30-Virtual-Europe
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#891169 added August 30, 2016 at 10:27pm
Restrictions: None
London - Day 4 - Day 30 Virtual Europe
30 Day Blogging Challenge

30-Day Blogging Challenge August 2016.

Aug 30th - last day in London...you have a red eye flight this evening home...well....

I know Lyn's a sly fox has got us booked on a red eye flight back to our respective towns and cities, but I have changed up my ticket and plan to ease back into reality.... after all this weekend is Labour Day weekend and school doesn't resume until Tuesday. Chances are I won't be supplying so I will linger.... besides I have a Music tour I want to explore.

Today I wanted to spend with my friends. Lyn has us celebrating more Shakespeare and I am all for it. After all, "with 2016 marking 400 years since Shakespeare’s death, there’s no time like the present to revisit all of the theater favorites or follow in the footsteps of the iconic playwright." We have stood in Juliet's famous balcony in Verona and explored Hamlet’s castle. But now we are in England, the place of his birth. And like all good celebrations, England is celebrating the legacy of its national poet with a host of special events, plays, film screenings and exhibitions. All with a Shakespearean twist.

We got to visit famous Stratford-upon-Avon landmarks and walk in William Shakespeare’s footsteps with this ‘All Five Houses’ tour. It was a step back in time to the 16th century, when one of England’s most famous scribes was alive. We visited Shakespeare’s family homes and gardens. There was such a broad range of exciting activities bringing the bard’s story to life. Our guide was eager to shed light on his life and times. We watched live performances and tested our Shakespearean knowledge. We even met farm animals at Mary Arden's Farm and enjoyed a fun-filled day for all the family.

Read more about Shakespeare's Birthplace: 'All 5 Houses' Ticket - Stratford-upon-Avon | Viator at: https://www.viator.com/tours/Stratford-upon-Avon/Shakespeares-Birthplace-All-5-H...

Before joining everyone for dinner I moved myself into a hostel - University of Westminster - Alexander Fleming Hall. I get a room like a residence room and that is all I need for the next few days. Simple and clean. I leave my stuff locked up and find my way back to the group.

Lyn's a sly fox was keen to keep us on our feet. She booked our dinner as part of a walking tour that had us experiencing the bounty of 'English foods.... though after Spanish and Italian foods, I am not sure if England has any exciting foods. Battered fish? Not a fan.... well I am if you leave off the batter. Though I had some great fish and chips at the Fergus Scottish Festival not too long ago. So I will keep an open mind.

We got to feast your senses on the cosmopolitan culinary scene of East London - a 3.5-hour walking tour of the vibrant London district. Our guide was an expert in all things gastronomical. He took us to explore the eclectic neighborhoods of Spitalfields and Shoreditch to discover spots favored by local food-lovers. We got to try the English classic of a bacon sandwich at St John Bread and Wine restaurant; as well as the "complex flavors of Beigel Bake's delectable salt beef bagels". We also got to savor creamy artisan cheese during a tasting session. We strolled the renowned Brick Lane to sample spicy curries and try the traditional British dish, fish and chips, at Poppies restaurant. With all this food I am kind of happy not to be stuck in a plane later with the rest of you..... one good fart and we would throw the plane off course!!!

I am going to need a few more days to just walk all this food off.

Read more about London East End Food Tour - London | Viator at: https://www.viator.com/tours/London/London-East-End-Food-Tour/d737-6093FOOD?pub=...


Lyn has our flights all arranged and I have rescheduled mine. I will surely miss all of you, but I know we will meet again. This has been the best trip ever and I am sad to see the month come to an end... soon reality will bite! I look forward to seeing others on their sites.... I look forward to next year all ready - though I won't rush it. We have a year to grow, learn and experience the world as we know it. Stay happy and keep writing my friends.

I watch everyone board their transportation to go and I wave and watch until I am left alone, then I turn and head off toward the hostel I have chosen..... making sure to stop at a café to enjoy a cuppa and a treat and get a little writing done.

If you have enjoyed your traveling experience, please feel free to tip your travel service "30-Day Bloggers Group" . It is always a pleasure to serve you. -Lyn 30BC's Crazy Travel Guide and Fivesixer ☮


This is our own Stratford on Avon... in Ontario, Canada - 30 minutes from my home.



And yes, it does have the Stratford Festival with Shakespearean plays.


© Copyright 2016 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891169-London---Day-4---Day-30-Virtual-Europe