*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891485-Just-Another-Sunday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#891485 added September 4, 2016 at 8:32am
Restrictions: None
Just Another Sunday
I'm like a fish out of water this morning, trying to find a reason not to go back to bed. I get like this once in awhile. I made the mistake of googling our old address in Dover and that got me started on the memory journey. I guess I never thought Jim would leave me, even in death. I never expected to be alone especially here so far from where I grew up. Sometimes I have the urge to sell out and move back home. Yes, I guess I still consider Delaware my home. My inlaw relatives down here are not really my family, and yet I have hardly any family in Delaware, all dead now except for a cousin. Why do we want to live in the past when we know it is useless. My family is here in Florida, my daughter, my grandchildren. I have to focus on them now. This thinking is pointless.

It's a lovely foggy morning here, very quiet except for the buzzing of hummy outside my window. The humidity is heavy yet coolish for what it has been. I picked up and drug out most of my fallen pine limbs yesterday so they can be picked up on Tuesday but I still have a thousand little twigs and branches scattered about the back yard. I did clean off the driveway so it is spotless...for awhile. It was littered with pinecones and twigs thanks to Hermine. I wonder who comes up with these hurricane names. Where did Hermine come from?

The Gators won last night. Of course, they were expected to...first game of the season. Steve Spurrier Field in Ben Hill Griffin Stadium was officially named before the coin toss. We all love Steve and are happy to have him back here in Gainesville.

My neighbors are away for the holiday and a young girl is dog-sitting for them. We chatted while I was clearing the driveway yesterday. The dog is teeny. I'm not sure what kind, white with curly fur and named Sada and with boundless energy. The young girl left on her bike with leashed Sada running ahead.

I tried a Morningstar Buffalo Chik Patty for lunch yesterday (recommended by one of my granddaughters) and it was yummy, just the right amount of seasoning and heat. She's the same granddaughter who told me about overnight oatmeal, another winner.

I hope everyone is having a nice Labor Day Weekend even though Hermine is doing her best to mess things up. Be safe and be happy...

until next time...c

© Copyright 2016 Happy Mom's Day 2024! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy Mom's Day 2024! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891485-Just-Another-Sunday