*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891975-A-Question-of-Love
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#891975 added September 11, 2016 at 8:34am
Restrictions: None
A Question of Love
I picked up a couple books at the library yesterday, ones I had on hold, My Name Is Lucy Barton and The Sympathizer. I do love Elizabeth Strout among many others *Smile*. I started and finished Lucy last night. What a thought-provoking book. Lucy's childhood was...shall we say "austere?" Poverty, loveless, even hinting at abuse. The story revolves around Lucy's nine-week stint in the hospital with complications from an appendectomy. Her mom stays with her for five days, the mom she has been estranged from since she married many years ago.

The thing I got from the book, and it sort of felt like a weight on me, was that love-deprived children tend to love everyone who is kind to them. I can't quit thinking about that. I believe it may be true.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2016 Happy Mom's Day 2024! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy Mom's Day 2024! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891975-A-Question-of-Love