*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902731-Amusement-Parks----What-Fresh-Hell
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2049546
My first blog
#902731 added January 20, 2017 at 5:16am
Restrictions: None
Amusement Parks . . . What Fresh Hell?
Day Twenty ~ Fun Fact Friday! On this day in 1885, the roller coaster was patented by L.A. Thompson. Tell us about a time you visited an amusement park.

Amusement parks. Oh joy. I hate amusement parks. I don't wish to sound like a miserable human being, but I really hate amusement parks.

The biggest park in the UK is called Alton Towers, and it's in the Midlands. I have memories of visiting there with my school a few times. Once, when I was eighteen, I even drove an hour and a half to go there with my friends. I think we went on three rides the whole day. The rest of the time was spent queueing.

I never really enjoyed the experience of being thrown around, and leaving your stomach half a mile behind you. The pressure on your eyeballs as you are twisted and turned upside down and inside out. It hurts. It's not fun. Then there's the nausea. Oh my days, I hate vomit! No, it's more like I have a phobia of vomit. I mean, nobody likes it, right? But I have a visceral reaction around it. It makes me cry, hyperventilate, heave, then run. All in the space of a few seconds. It's the same reaction I get to spiders. Which is why I call it a phobia. Well. One time, I went to an amusement park with some friends as we were taking part in a charity amusement ride thing. We had to ride as many items as possible. My friend, Tracy, for reasons best known only to her, chose to eat two hot dogs in between the waltzers and the corkscrew. She sat next to me on the ride. Pretty soon after it began, she threw up. It went everywhere. All over me, the seat, the people behind us. Which made me heave, cry, hyperventilate. What I couldn't do was run. I remember trying to move the safety bar in a crazy attempt to escape. When we came to a halt, I bolted the moment the bar was raised, and threw up on the floor. It was a nasty moment, that haunts me to this day. I'm feeling quite ill just writing about this.

Oh. One last thing. I'm no longer friends with Tracy. We haven't spoken in twenty-two years. Not because of this incident. Though, it didn't help.That's for sure.

© Copyright 2017 Choconut ~ House Targaryen (UN: purplesunday at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Choconut ~ House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902731-Amusement-Parks----What-Fresh-Hell