*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935442-A-Memorable-Weekend-
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2157052
There is beauty in all things!
#935442 added May 29, 2018 at 12:37am
Restrictions: None
A Memorable Weekend 🇺🇸
What a Weekend ☀️🌦️☀️

As we wrap up our weekend, celebrating our Military Knight's, Hero's, Soldier's we take this time to honor them. A special day, but to those who love, live, and dream of their coming home safe. I also salute those families that sacrifice the loss, departures and loneliness of their loved ones.

I want to thank all Military and their families for the sacrifices that they make, to keep total stranger's safe. May God bless you and keep you safe. Love always from the bottom of my heart.

It was a short, but long weekend. I suffered heat exhaustion Sunday. While driving home from church service, my car dead every 10 miles. I would pull over in a safe area and let it rest. I know sounds funny, but trust me it wasn't. The day was partly cloudy with the humidity at 100%.

I sat there waiting in my car reading my Bible and praying. Remembering what my Pastor said, I did just that. Never think God has left you, He hasn't, He is beside you always. Just trust in Him, He will always be there.

I posted on FB, about what I was doing on my Sunday afternoon. My Pastor's messaged me, my son's messaged and called me. It had taken me an hour to go 17 miles. I still had 18 more to go to get home.

It was getting hotter, I did at one point, have a cool breeze. I have no a/c, no radio and no lights. I knew I had plenty of time to get home, but it was getting Hotter.

My son, Jeremy, calls me back a third time, to find out where I was exactly. He told me that he was on his way to follow me home. He made it to where I was 20 minutes later. He followed me, he called me and told me that I needed to pull over that he needed to see what it was doing.

So I made it to a safe area to pull over. Which was 3 miles from home. It chugged and sputtered, just a mile from home it starts to die, then it takes off.

"Are you doing that?" I ask.

"No my foots not on the gas paddle!" he blurts out.

"See, I told you something is wrong with it." I said.

He guns it to go up the hill, and back down, so we can go up the hill again into my driveway. We are afraid that we will have to push it up the hill to the driveway. I'm praying for it to get there. Just as he starts to climb the last hill it starts stalling and dies in the driveway and takes off again up the driveway which has a slight incline. Thank you , Jesus.

My car will be going nowhere except the shop her next trip.


Personal Signature
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2018 LegendaryMask❤️ (UN: tblakely5 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LegendaryMask❤️ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935442-A-Memorable-Weekend-