*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948871-Technological-Advancement-or-Demise
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#948871 added January 4, 2019 at 10:13am
Restrictions: None
Technological Advancement or Demise?
30 Day Blogging Challenge

High schoolers graduating this year, in May 2019, are as old as the first iPod. Make a prediction for how technology will advance in the next 18 years.
This has me thinking about Gene Rodenberry, the creator of Star Trek (I believe). He created things in those early shows that now have some form in our day and age. Whose to say we won't be able to move from place to place by having our molecules scrambled and reformulated in another spot. Teleporting.

We now have cars that are starting to drive and park for us... reminding of I Robot - the movie version with Will Smith.

It seems real inventions seem to follow Sci-fi leanings. I don't know if that is scary, insane or just nerving. Either way it is unsettling.
I have already lived almost 52 years in this world. I have seen a lot of changes. I remember doing a timeline up of all the changes that happened in my Grandmother's life when she had her eightieth birthday and again for her ninetieth. It was amazing to see the changes. She went from rural horse drawn carriages to riding in cars, trains, and airplanes. She went from cooking at a wood stove to using a microwave. So many things happened from 1904 onward for her and she took them all in stride. I just hope I can be as open to the changes as she was.

I was born the year that had more spaceflights than any other - 1967.

Technology is always changing. The question is... is it for the betterment of society?

All the gadgets we have are great, but I sometimes worry that these conveniences are not really doing us any great thing. Cell phones and social media may seem to connect us to more people, but the quality of those interactions is diminished. I would prefer less is more. A few close friends that I can have true heart to heart conversations with that thousands of 'followers'. I think if we don't handle things well, we will ultimately ruin the world we have. Not just wildlife will go extinct.... society, as we know it, will deteriorate.

I would hope new technologies would be developed to help our world not break it down. Better prosthetics for amputees. Ways to clean up our oceans and save our wildlife and natural resources. Cures for cancer and MD and MS and Aids and other various epidemics that wreck havoc.

© Copyright 2019 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948871-Technological-Advancement-or-Demise