*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948978-New-Vocabulary-on-a-Tried-Brain
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#948978 added January 5, 2019 at 10:11pm
Restrictions: None
New Vocabulary... on a Tried Brain
30 Day Blogging Challenge

Write about a time you learned something new. Use and highlight at least 3 words in your entry that are not part of your normal vocabulary and provide your readers with definitions for those words.
I am not finding this prompt as inspiring as the first few days. Something new.... with new terminology. Definitions. Ugh. What have I learned that is new and has new vocabulary. I can't think of anything. I am seriously drawing a blank. Much of what I have been reading has been from Writing Resources... and the terminology has not been new. I have also been doing a lot of my own writing. Nothing new there, either.

While researching cool gifts for a graphic artist - for a character in my novel - I found these:
1. The Moleskine Smart Notebook - this creates vector SVG files from your sketches. It uses special markings on the page, alongside it’s custom app to optimize the process, and to ensure you get the best results with less effort than would normally be required. To top it off, it integrates with Creative Cloud for seamless file uploads. Apparently, it's a real time saver.

2. Wacom Intuos - a graphics tablet that is a fun and easy way to introduce yourself to the world of digital doodles, illustrations and lettering. Since designing with a mouse can be somewhat limiting at times. This looks kinda fun.

3. 3Doodler - is the world's first 3D printing pen. Finally, you can draw in 3D. Nope, this is not the future, this is happening now. The idea is to be able to quickly “sketch” in 3D to visualise ideas, or create fun little models.

4. The Artist Brush & Stylus by Sensu works on a variety of devices and it makes painting on your tablet or mobile that touch more authentic. The device promises to give you real-life brush control that you just don’t get elsewhere. Not only that, there’s also a second standard stylus nib for you to use when the brush isn’t needed. Two devices in one for just $40. Now this seems pretty cool!

https://creativemarket.com/blog/28-awesome-holiday-gift-ideas-for-designers

I know this is not what you probably expected but for me it helps with a section of story I was writing today. I wrote a lot earlier today and my brain is done for the day.

© Copyright 2019 đź’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
đź’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948978-New-Vocabulary-on-a-Tried-Brain