*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949037-My-Biggest-News-From-Last-Year
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#949037 added January 6, 2019 at 6:57pm
Restrictions: None
My Biggest News From Last Year
30 Day Blogging Challenge

What was the biggest news in your life from last year?

I guess it would have to be that my cousin Elizabeth (Zee) and her husband, Brett were expecting their first baby. They told my aunt and uncle in January. The rest of us got told later and even though my aunt did spill the beans, Zee thinks my aunt was able to keep the secret because we all acted surprised when she told us.

The family was also taking bets as to whether the baby would be Zee-sized or Brett-sized. Brett is 6'4" and Zee is barely 5'. I joking said Zee would get about 5 years and then the baby would be taller than her. As it turned out, Addy is more Zee sized.

Baby Adelaide was born on August 31. A bit early, but healthy. She was supposed to be born on September 9 and Zee was worried she would be closer to her own birthday on September 19. Zee didn't want to share the birthday. She's always been one to celebrate and she did not want two things on one day.

I have gotten to see her twice - the first time at Thanksgiving (in October) and the second time at Christmas.

Zee is a good, wee mother. The funny thing is she never wanted to babysit as a kid. Babies and children were not her thing.

When she was born even the nurses were calling her Maddy Addy because she was very good at crying. Stella, Zee's niece, calls Addy Lemonade instead of Adelaide.... but then she is only three and a half.

I seems odd that my younger cousins are married and having kids, but such is life. Things never stay the same. Besides children are fun to have around, especially when they aren't yours and you can spoil them all you want and give them back when they start to fuss.

© Copyright 2019 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949037-My-Biggest-News-From-Last-Year