*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949671-Writing-Is-The-Adventure
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#949671 added January 14, 2019 at 11:40pm
Restrictions: None
Writing Is The Adventure
30 Day Blogging Challenge

“We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.” -Ernest Hemingway
What are your thoughts on this quote by a writer many consider a master? Who are some other writers you admire or consider masters?


Each time we begin a new project we are starting at the beginning. Not only the beginning of the story, but the beginning of a new adventure.
Each time we come to the page, ready to begin, we are faced with the nerves of newness. We are in the position of finding our way through the forest of uncertainty. Learning what this new piece of writing has to teach us. It will teach us what we need to learn next to make it work, but it will also teach us about ourselves and who we are as we face this new challenge.

I write to discover who I am as a writer, as much as what the story is about. Both intrigue me and I want to know more. I think we, as writers, all do that to some extent.

We are also not God. We may try to act like God; crafting stories where we think we are in charge... but characters do not always do what we want. The best stories are the ones we find we are simply the tool that gets down on paper what the universe has to offer.

Only God is the Master of his creation. He knows all and sees all. I don't think I would want to be that.... I kind of like the journey writing provides. I write to find out where I am going. My path is only illuminated to a certain point. My curiosity urges me into the unknown... and in following that path, the story teaches me what it must and that, in turn, adds to my life and to the life of those who chose to read my words.

This is the great adventure. Write on, my friends.

© Copyright 2019 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949671-Writing-Is-The-Adventure