*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950455-10-Things-About-Me--Why-I-Purchase-Books
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#950455 added January 25, 2019 at 10:43pm
Restrictions: None
10 Things About Me & Why I Purchase Books
30 Day Blogging Challenge

It's the last Fun Fact Friday of January! Hereโ€™s a straightforward prompt to celebrate: Make a list of at least ten random facts about yourself.

1. Today would have been my Dad's 84th birthday. He died of cancer. He was 44 (for 10 days). I was 12.
2. I was born in New Liskeard, Ontario, Canada - which is 100 miles north of North Bay. It is part of a Tri-Town with Cobalt and Haileybury.
Here is a fast trip!
This would be cool to see if you drive on the other side of the road, like Elle - on hiatus
The Cobalt Song does mention New Liskeard. http://www.naturallist.com/cobalt.htm
3. I was born in 1967 when Canada had its Centennial birthday.
4. I have a degree in Sociology and Psychology from the University of Guelph.
5. I have two cats even though I have allergies to cats. My allergies did not develop until later in life, but I love my cats.
6. I am a writer.
7. I am a teacher.
8. I moved to Guelph, Ontario, Canada when I was 11... 2 months before my father died.
9. I was an educational assistant before I went to Teacher's College in 2003.
10. This has been a difficult list to do. It is easier to research someone else.

Still Standing episode with Cobalt as the focus.
https://www.cbc.ca/stillstanding/episodes/season-4/cobalt-ont


Blog City - Day 1866

Describe what goes through your mind when you look at book you're contemplating purchasing. Does the cover attract you? Someone's recommendation? You've read the author before? What makes you commit to spending the money for the book? Especially, when there are e-books, libraries available yet you still buy the book.
Book buying is often a feeling in the moment, spur of the moment kind of thing. Sometimes I know the author... Jill Shalvis is the one author I will buy whenever I find a new one of hers I have not yet read.

I often read the back cover and if the story intrigues me, I will begin to read it. I have been known to get to the second or third chapter before I have to know how it ends so I make the purchase.

There are times when I read the reviews on Goodreads.com or hear about a book that sounds good.

I have also bought books at readings when I want the author to sign their work.

I have also bought books online because I like looking forward to getting a package in the mail.

If the book is mine I can treat it as I wish. Non fiction books will most likely be filled with underlining and notes in the margins. I have been known to make notes in fiction as well, particularly if the author is one I would like to emulate. I want to see how they handle certain situations and learn from them.


© Copyright 2019 ๐Ÿ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
๐Ÿ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950455-10-Things-About-Me--Why-I-Purchase-Books