*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950504-Countdown-to-a-Job-Interview
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#950504 added January 26, 2019 at 1:55pm
Restrictions: None
Countdown to a Job Interview....
30 Day Blogging Challenge

We’re in the final countdown of the competition! Only five prompts remain. For this final Creation Saturday, write about something that’s in its final countdown. Have fun!
I can't believe it is already this far into January. It is not really the time of year to think of countdowns.... beyond the interview I had last week. That was a roller coaster of emotions. Having to plan a 3 part lesion that involved problem solving and also tackle a 5 day plan of what comes before and after that lesson. And then trying to remember the words that the Board wants to hear during my interview. Going over everything and making decisions on what grade - 3, 4 or 5 and what part of the math curriculum to cover. I will not bore you with the details, but I found myself getting overwhelmed when I tried to search the internet for possible lesson plans, 5 day plans and yearly plans. I would gain confidence in the light of day, then plunge into uncertainty as the sun dipped below the horizon. I canceled all other plans and even took two days off work to get my bearings. I did manage to find my footing, but only after dipping in and out of confidence... floundering for a good pathway.

Once I had made my decisions on grade and what my lesson was going to be about, I was able to come up with a five day plan and work out the details. From there I was able to access my more general teaching content to review classroom management and behaviour concerns. I continued to do the most of my work in the daytime when I was at my freshest. As my interview approached I went from overwhelmed to someone more confident. I am still not sure how I did, but I made sure to go out a celebrate once the whole thing was over. I was still on an adrenaline high until about mid afternoon. Then I wanted a nap. The roller coaster was compete and I had my feet back on solid ground.



© Copyright 2019 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950504-Countdown-to-a-Job-Interview