*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950948-Quebec-City-In-a-Virtual-Trip
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#950948 added February 2, 2019 at 11:40pm
Restrictions: None
Quebec City.... In a Virtual Trip
30 Day Blogging Challenge

Planes, Train, Sails,and automobiles... That's how we're going to reach our blogging destinations this month. Are you game for a little excitement to take your mind off your woes. The fee will vary from day to day. There will be random awards during the month in addition to the daily take from the 50/50.
What's expected for each entry:
1. you discuss something that you're read about the location, I'll be providing links but you're welcome to seek out more info.
2 Include some of your fellow bloggers in your entry.
3. comment on at least one other blog.

https://www.tripsavvy.com/quebec-winter-carnival-1481819

We're beginning our first adventure at Quebec's famous winter carnival. It's been cold for a while now so most of us are acclimated already. It's only for the day so let's have some fun. We'll need to be at the airport by 11:00pm for our next location.

Today's 50/50 ticket price is 500gps.


Oh, how fun. Quebec City will be tremendously cold.... It is currently (Jan. 31) -20 degrees C with a wind chill of -29 degrees C... so that is warmer than here in |Kitchener (-20 degrees C with a wind chill of -30 degrees C) {and yes, they will be getting +4 degrees C and rain next week, just like us!) These Canadian winters keep you on your toes.

Apparently, we are going on February 1, but the Carnival does not start until the 8th. With any luck the hotels will still be reasonable. I have never been to Quebec City. It should be fun. I'll need to brush up my basic French. If anyone has been to Quebec, you'd know it feels like a completely different country... even for the rest of us Canadians. All signage is in French only. (Ontario and New Brunswick have Bi-lingual signage). Exit....sort of (sortie)

I am eager to try ice skating at one of the outdoor rinks or even try the skating trails through parks. I will need to rent my skates as my old ones have suffered from age and the boot has separated from the blade.

I also want to try the ice slide which opens at the back of the Chateau Frontenac along the Dufferin Terrace. For $2, we get a wooden toboggan to lug to the top. Apparently, it is quite speedy on the way back down. I got my Twoonies ready.

The good news is that Quebec City cold is mostly a dry cold and doesn't have the wet bite that other famously frosty cities have - like where I currently live. This is a blessing. I prefer a dry cold. I grew up in Northern Ontario with a dry cold. Just be careful not to sniff too hard or your nostrils will stick closed. *Laugh*

I would also love to check out the ice hotel. I am prepared to take a tour and have a cocktail before heading back to a warm hotel with a Jacuzzi bath! I am sure there may be a few crazy ones in our group that want to stay overnight, but I would rather not waste my money and wind up freezing.

I am not sure who is planning on coming along for this trip. I expect Lyn's a sly fox will most definitely be there with her usual warm charm and effervescence. She really is wonderful on these trips. I expect she may want to do a little shopping and I am curious to explore the Old Town shops. We won't be sitting out on any patios, but a good Canadian beer or some local spirits might help to warm us up at one of the local establishments.

Soundtrack of My Life

Emotional Raw is this weeks theme.

You Say by Lauren Daigle


There is hope in this song. It is a song I listen to to remind myself I am not alone. God will always love me, even if no one in the world does.


© Copyright 2019 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950948-Quebec-City-In-a-Virtual-Trip