*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/964026-Torrance-California
by Sum1
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#964026 added August 10, 2019 at 8:32pm
Restrictions: None
Torrance, California
Date: Week of August 5th


Locale: Torrance, California


         This week saw me visiting Torrance California for a class with the city of Torrance.  I had hoped to meet Jeff and Annette , but we were unable to connect.  I've often wondered about 'broadcasting' where I will be (or am) at the start of a week, just in case there are WDC members around who would like to meet for an appetizer or what.


         This was a good class, when it comes to Networking knowledge, I had a mix of students.  Three of them knew as much (and in some cases more) than I do about that subject.  The other seven had a varied networking background, ranging from complete beginner to pretty experienced.  As a result, I made the three subject matter experts my assistants in class.  They were very helpful in guiding the inexperienced students, since I can't be at all lab setups at the same time.  The only issue, was trying to get them to not answer questions right away, thereby giving the inexperienced students a chance to think and answer.  If I hadn't done that, I don't think they (the beginners) would have learned much at all.

         Some of us went to lunch together every day, which was really good.  Tuesday was particularly good, because we went to the Torrance Farmer's Market.  I really enjoyed experiencing that, and had an excellent spicy Tuna Poke bowl that day.  Dinners were spent alone obviously, and surprisingly, I didn't venture far.  Let's just say I ate lighter, and less all week long and was quite happy doing that!


Noteworthy Restaurants:


         Blue Salt Fish Grill          http://bluesaltfishgrill.com/food-menu/  This place was so good the first time that I went back for a repeat visit!  I could have dined there all week, but try to eat at a variety of places, so didn't.  Sometimes I wish I had.  Their Hawaiian Style Salmon Poke was excellent, while their Peri-Peri Prawns were a bit spicy.  Not too much though.

         Big O Fish Brews And Grill    Well, I don't usually visit establishments that don't have a website, so don't ask me why I ended up here.  I walked in, and knew I was in the wrong place.  Don't get me wrong.  I never felt threatened, the food and service was good.  It is just a place that I would never willingly visit.  Oh well, live and learn.


In Closing

         I am home for the weekend, having arrived last night at 11:30pm.  I had today and most of tomorrow free, but will drive to Chicago tomorrow afternoon/evening to deliver a class in Schaumburg next week. It's gonna get busy though.  I have classes in Suitland Maryland, Two in Denver Colorado (a month apart), Battle Creek Michigan, Philadelphia, Plattsburg New York, San Diego, and two that I'm assuming will be in the DC area, since I'll be with the Secret Service and the White House Communications Agency.  Til next time, be good to yourselves and those you love, and WRITE!




Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2019 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/964026-Torrance-California