*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/984035-May-21-2020
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#984035 added May 21, 2020 at 9:28am
Restrictions: None
May 21, 2020
Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image smallThe Original Logo.Welcome...

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs Prompt: "I feel pity for...."

I feel pity for anyone who does not realize the beauty of having a relationship with Jesus Christ in the here and now. Many think that having a relationship with Jesus is just about being saved. Yes. Being saved is an important part of a relationship with Jesus. However, there is so much more to it than that. Having a relationship means being at peace with Him and knowing that peace deep into one's soul. It is knowing that He loves you and walks with you each mile of the way. It is knowing that He accepts you just the way you are and encourages you to stretch yourself to be so much more. He gives you the strength to grow into the likeness of him while at the same time maintaining exactly who you are. Your ideas of fun change. So many think you no longer have fun as a Christian. You do have fun. Your ideas of what is fun change so that doing godly things is even more of a thrill than acting sinfully. Jesus is a blast. Try him out!

Blog City image small "Prompt: When do you feel the most creative?"

I usually feel the most creative in the morning, which is why I try to do my blog when I first come online in the morning. I use the remainder of the day to do my homework and stuff for college.

The Original Logo. Prompt: "Not including your phone, computer, or other Googling devices, write about the top five most useful items you own."

You have named three of my most useful items and took them off of my list! I don't own a whole lot because I live at the West Virginia Veterans Home in Barboursville WV in a room about the size of most people's den. It maybe 30 feet wide and 30 feet long so I guess I have about 90 square feet. The thing is that half of the room is not really mine. They could move somebody else in here at any time because it is a two-man room. It isn't likely that they are going to do that however because I am the floor leader. As such one of the perks is that I get my own room. I asked them about moving me into a smaller one-man room but they said I should just stay here. They won't put anybody else in with me unless they have no room left. As it is I have the biggest room on the floor and one of the biggest in the building.

Even at that it is still a very small room. I have four cabinets, two of which I do not use. They would normally belong to a roommate and I leave them open in case I get a roommate. I could certainly use them and chances are that I won't be getting a roommate. If I do I could always move my stuff. This still does not mean I own a lot though. Aside from my computer, telephone, and such I own a flat-screen 32" television that I use primarily for a computer monitor. I also have cable but it is just basic cable and there is never anything on but reruns from long ago. I don't care for television anyway so I won't invest in getting any higher cable channels. The main reason I even have basic cable is because of another important thing I do own: that is my WI-Fi. Without it I wouldn't be able to get online for school or to do my blogging. I am getting my student loans in about a week and I intend to pay my cable company about $1,000.00 which will credit my cable for months in advance. Then I can pay some on it each month and allow them to get the balance from the credit. I like paying anything I know I am going to rely on well ahead because I never know when something may happen and I won't be able to pay it. If I have credit ahead it will carry me over the hump. The WI-Fi then would be my second most important item.

The third item that I own that would be hard to do without is a compact refrigerator. I store a lot of Pepsi-Cola products like Diet Mountain Dew, Mountain Dew, Pepsi, Wild Cherry Pepsi, and Caffeine Free Pepsi in it. It nearly freezes them and I love soda or "pop" as we call it around here that is cold enough to have a few ice crystals forming. I bought this refrigerator from another man on the floor and it is one of the best investments I ever made.

The fourth item I own that I would not want to do without is my Strong's Concordance of the Bible. If I am not exactly sure where a very is located all I need to know is a keyword from the verse and I can easily locate it. The Strong's also has the words in Greek and Hebrew along with their original meanings. It's a cool piece of literature.

My final thing that I absolutely could not do without is my relationship with Jesus Christ. I am very happy to be a Christian. So many perceive Christianity to just be about going to heaven. It is so much more than that. Heaven is the icing of the cake. The cake itself is having Holy Spirit as your best friend and guide. Once I learned to trust Him Holy Spirit has led me down hill into valleys and uphill to plateaus and it's all been beautiful.

Welcome... Prompt 19: "Good Vibes: What makes you smile? What makes you happy?"

I think what makes me smile the most, besides my relationship with Jesus, is serving others. I like doing things for others, especially when they or nobody else knows about it. It makes me feel good deep inside to love on others this way because humans were originally created to do just that. We were not created self-centered like we normally are.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesSignature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 2019 Quill Awards

© Copyright 2020 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/984035-May-21-2020