*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/997517-Deep-end
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#997517 added November 3, 2020 at 1:36am
Restrictions: None
Deep end
PROMPT November 3rd

Write about a time when you were "thrown in the deep end." This can be taken literally or figuratively.

Lots of times I've had to learn the hard way. The first time I learned not to trust anyone. even, or especially, your Dad.
"Go to the top of the water slide," he says. "I'll catch you," he says. Mmmm.

Scuba diving was another time. I did this as a bet with my husband. "You learn to scuba and then we can dive together. Then I'll learn to ballroom dance."
I did the Scuber which took me forever as I'm so claustrophobic. He decided that ballroom dancing was too stressful after one lesson! Cheat!

Abseiling, was the next time I took a leap of faith, literally. Duped I was. Daughter failed to mention when she asked me to come along to watch her and her friend have a go at walking backwards of a cliff, that she'd paid for me to do it too!

I don't know what pleasure people achieve from tormenting me.


© Copyright 2020 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/997517-Deep-end