*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/997892-Adventure-Time
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#997892 added November 8, 2020 at 8:20am
Restrictions: None
Adventure Time
PROMPT November 8th

Tell us about the most memorable adventure you've ever been on. Did everything go according to plan, or did anything unexpected happen?

Our backpacking holiday to India when we were in our 60s was quite the adventure. Nothing really went to plan, although we hadn’t much of a plan to start with. Fly to Mumbai, find somewhere to stay for the night, get our bearings and off we go. That was the sum total of our planning.
I lost about 14 lbs in weight over the two months we were there. Missing by a day, the only first class sleeper we had treated ourselves to, turned out to be pretty grim. Instead we found ourselves sharing a cabin with 4 very inebriated Indians who played cards half the night and snored loudly for the rest. The chai walla calling everyone to wake up at four am for sweet tea, was a welcome sound.

Our next holiday was to the Philippines where we got caught in a Hurricane. Over 500 people died in Manila that night where we took shelter in a brothel. No power or water. A very long night. I suppose you could call that an adventure.

Over five years after we retired, we backpacked all through Thailand, Vietnam, India and the Philippines. So many misadventures, but some great times too.

© Copyright 2020 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/997892-Adventure-Time