SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2741643
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Community · #1970158
A place for those who lost a loved one.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 1, 2014 at 5:08am
I have found solace ...
Yes, keepsakes give comfort, whether tangible or otherwise. My mother used lavender in any possible medium and I find myself doing the same, slathering myself with lavender scented soap brings her nearer.

My Dad had some authors he enjoyed a lot and wanted to read some of their rarer works, but those books were just not available for sale in our country. With the advent of e-books and Kindle many of them are even free today. I carry him around with me everyday and have just to turn to one of his old favourites to bring him back to me.

But, one of the most evocative ways to being them into sharp focus, not just for me, but my children too ... was writing stories about them. My kids loved hearing about the childhood experiences of their grandparents and now perhaps someday their kids can read and know them too!

I am in the process of making a large album, with the tales and interspersed pics.

I made one for my kid brother on his 50th, with fifty incidents from his childhood, which was greatly appreciated, especially because a good number were about Dad, who passed away more than 30 years ago.

Did it make him cry? Yes, but he said it didn't make him sad.

Jyo

My fascination with the fantastic power of words.

Merit Badge in Editing
[Click For More Info]

BEST REVIEW EVER!!!

I appreciate you so much right now.  Most the reviews I receive are like "bla bla good story bla", but yours wasn't, thus you deserve this.

Have a great day and keep up the great reviews.  I will try to make reviews as detailed and constructive as yours now. Merit Badge in Determination
[Click For More Info]

To acknowledge, with gratitude, your determination in completing the Ten 4 Ten Summer Reviewing Workshop.  Your ever present cyber smile and wit have left their mark on everyone who attended.  Thank you for all your wonderful input and willingness to help your group members!   Merit Badge in Good Deeds
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations, you won  First Place  in the  February 2016  round of  [Link To Item #gooddeeds] !
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
I have found solace ... · 10-01-14 5:08am
by Just an Ordinary Boo!
Re: I have found solace ... · 10-10-14 8:49pm
by Scifiwizard Retired
Re: Re: I have found solace ... · 10-11-14 12:12am
by Just an Ordinary Boo!

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Scifiwizard Retired.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2741643