*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/839129
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Opinion · #595449
Write songs much?Feel free to discuss it here(plus R&R as always).
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 29, 2004 at 7:43am
Re: Gotta love people
by A Non-Existent User
Hmmmm, well I suppose then that the beef would be with me. *Wink* I was the reviewer of that particular lyric a few weeks ago & I still stand by what I said.

Here's my reasons for this... If you are a well established artist, meaning you are currently on the radio, the TV, in concert, and so forth, then yes- you can write your lyric anyway you want to. On the other hand, if you are a songwriter who is pitching your songs to other artists and publishers and you write your words like thinkin', lovin', 'em, you will be limiting the possibilities of getting your song signed. Just because you, the writer, hears a song a certain way does not mean other people will.

A few years ago I wrote a very slow country ballad. Originally, I wrote the words the way I heard them to show the pronunciation to the reader. What happened? I got "chewed out" by my publisher. So I rewrote it with the correct spelling of the words. A few months later this song was signed to an artist who turned this country song into a super fast tempo Pop/Dance song and shot it to the top of the charts. If I had kept my words in the country mode, my song would have been passed on by this artist, and I would have missed out on a great opportunity.

The point is...don't assume that the way you envision your song is the way it will be envisioned by others. The goal of a songwriter is to get the song cut- so open as many doors as you can with the way you present your work.

Well, that's my 2 cents. *Smile*

Best wishes,
*Heart*Amelia

PS: To whoever said your forum is stupid, they obviously don't understand songwriting. Songwriters need to network and build relationships in order to succeed. Having a forum like this on a site with many other genres is a great idea. *Smile*
MESSAGE THREAD
Gotta love people · 03-27-04 12:03pm
by Elisa the Bunny Stik
*Star* Re: Gotta love people · 03-29-04 7:43am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Gotta love people · 04-01-04 1:02am
by GreenNerd
Re: Re: Re: Gotta love people · 04-01-04 12:49pm
by Elisa the Bunny Stik
Re: Re: Re: Gotta love people · 04-01-04 1:00pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: Gotta love people · 04-11-04 12:24pm
by Elisa the Bunny Stik
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Gotta love people · 04-11-04 8:04pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Gotta love people · 07-04-04 2:26pm
by Voxxylady

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Elisa the Bunny Stik.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/839129