*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Security Checkpoint
  2. Taking off
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1079969-Central-International-Airport/cid/306603-Security-Checkpoint
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Travel · #1079969
An airport with destinations and new beginnings. Take a trip.
This choice: Bermuda Triangle  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Security Checkpoint

    by: Diane
Kanya stepped up to the desk, smiling at the enthusiastic woman behind the counter.

"Where are you going today, dear?" the woman asked.

"Bermuda," Kanya replied with a smirk. Where better to get lost than the Bermuda Triangle? Raul will never think to look for me there.

The ticket agent took Kanya's ID to verify her identity. Kanya could tell she was trying to reconcile the picture of the blond-haired, blue-eyed woman in the photo to the chestnut beauty in front of her. She typed a note into the computer and handed her ID back. "Your flight will be leaving from gate A23. The security checkpoint is to your right. You'll need to show them your paperwork and ID. Have a nice flight."

Kanya smiled and thanked her as she walked away, leaving her bag with the agent. She couldn't believe she was on her way out of the country. She had a two-day head start since Raul didn't expect the hospital to discharge her for a couple more days. She got in line at the security checkpoint, excited about starting her new life.

As she neared the front of the line, Kanya noticed an increase in the number of police. She wondered what was happening...
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Diane (UN: sgambill72 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Legerdemain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1079969-Central-International-Airport/cid/306603-Security-Checkpoint