*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A little thirsty
  2. Ian - The Jock
  3. Welcome to the Island
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1285074-Trapped-on-Obeso-Island/cid/461121-A-little-thirsty
Rated: XGC · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1285074
Five people are placed on an island that can change their weight.
This choice: A can of Energy Drink with the brand name scratched off  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

A little thirsty

    by: syke
Picking up the can, you inspect it in the hopes of identifying what's inside.

While the name has been scratched off, you can still see the faded graphic print that covered the rest of it. The can was tinted with a light shade of blue, and the faded graphics in the background look round. Maybe like bubbles or something?

You shake it and hear the liquid inside slosh around. You scan the back for the ingredients listing, but find that the information is too faded to read. You can see some print scattered around the can with phrases like "a real man" and "boost to your system" and quickly confirm that it is indeed an energy drink.

"Probably marketed at athletes." You mumble to yourself. You realise that you are pretty thirsty and should probably hydrate yourself while you still have the chance. Before you open it, you notice something slightly odd. At the bottom of the can, its says:

"Now with 20% extra to really fill you with get up and go."

While you're use to drinks advertising that they've included more volume wise, something in the back of your head starts to nag you. You notice a couple more of these cans scattered around, but they look even more worse for wear.

"Whatever, I'm just being paranoid. Stop being such a pussy." You tell yourself. If your frat brothers could see you now, they'd be laughing their asses off. Scared of a can?

You hear something below, and peek out of one of the windows concealed by the tree's branches. Adam is wandering around below, but it doesn't look like he'll find the ladder. Just to be sure you pull it up as he approaches. Taking a closer look at him, it appears as if he's already fallen victim to the one of the island's traps. He isn't that much bigger, only about 25 pounds of additional gut, but since he started off wearing such a tight shirt, it's noticeable even from this distance.

"Looks like he's packed some junk into his trunk too." You chuckle to yourself as you see him turn around. Not that you remember what his butt looked like earlier or anything.

A dry scratchy feeling at the back of your throat brings your attention back to the can. Should you drink it? After all, if the girls are anything like Adam, you're already in the lead. Speaking of, maybe you should call out to him and let him be your guinea pig, there are more cans lying around. But is that really worth the risk of showing him your secret hide away? Maybe you should try to approach him instead, and keep the treehouse secret?

You have the following choices:

1. Drink it

*Noteb*
2. Climb down and meet/surprise Adam

3. You call out to Adam and invite him in

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 syke (UN: syke at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lord Hugo Prosperio has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1285074-Trapped-on-Obeso-Island/cid/461121-A-little-thirsty