*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Book shelf
  2. Ian - The Jock
  3. Welcome to the Island
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1285074-Trapped-on-Obeso-Island/cid/461329-The-Book-shelf
Rated: XGC · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1285074
Five people are placed on an island that can change their weight.
This choice: A Shelf of strange books you've never heard of  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

The Book shelf

    by: syke
Sitting side by side is a row of books, about ten in total, all of them with leather covers. Not being all that bookish, it doesn't surprise you that all of the titles are unfamiliar. In fact, a few of them seem purpose-made for the island.

"Isla de Obeso Nature Omnibus." You read the title of one aloud. That could come in handy later on. You pick it up and flick through the pages, vivid pictures capturing your attention. You see an entire chapter devoted to berries, some of them looking pretty enticing, but more than half of them leading to some kind of inflation or weight gain. You see a picture of the tree that's supporting your house, it's called the Boundfat. Reading on you see that its nuts have a strange property.

"When immature, the nuts have a tendency to stimulate and promote the proliferation of fat to a minor degree. However, once ripe, the active agent in the mature nuts once responsible for weight gain, now promote weight loss through a rather unusual means."

You look outside a window and see a branch with what looks like a nut pod. You walk over and break it off and find that it's easy enough to open. Inside are three nuts, about the same size as a walnut. Two of them are a deep brown, but one is lighter like a peanut and smaller than the other two.

"Well, we'll never know without trying."

You decide to experiment and eat the immature looking one. Upon swallowing, you feel an odd sensation, particularly around your butt. You walk over to the scales you saw earlier and jump on. The display reads 215.

"I guess I am a little more pudgy than before." You say as you inspect yourself. Your six pack has lost a bit of its definition, but not by much, and you barely have any love handles- in fact it just looks like you're wearing shorts that are a little snug around the waist. Turning around you spy a mirror next to the cot in the room and see that your ass is looking a bit fuller than before.

"Well, onto nut two." You eat one of the deep brown nuts and the same sensation as before runs through you. You lift your shirt up and see that your six pack has lost all definition now. Poking it you see that it doesn't feel like fat. It's more springy to the touch, and almost more firm than fat would be. You step on the scales again and the display and it now reads 213.

"What? I put an inch on my waist and I lose 2 pounds?" You look across at the mirror and notice that your ass is definitely rounder now. You pop the second brown nut into your mouth and chew. After swallowing, and your body tingles like before. Unlike last time however, you hear a sound like someone rapidly blowing up a balloon and see that your gut is now inflating outward.

What looked before like a little belly is now fairly round, you guess about 38 inches, and that's just from your left hip around to your right. Your ass is huge, each cheek the size of a basket ball. You peer around your new girth and see that you're back to your original weight of 210.

You quickly walk back around to the book and skim over the page until you find what you're looking for.

"The mature nut is capable of such a feat by converting fat into a light weight gas. At first, this reaction is fairly minimal. However, further consumption catalyses the reaction in addition to further converting more fat into gas. Said gas will migrate out of the body in due course as most flatulence would."

Well it's good to know it isn't permanent.

"A word of caution must be advised however. Excessive consumption of the mature nut can lead to a new reaction, wherein the active agent, upon a lack of fat to convert will begin to act on the gas itself. This new product is more volumous and has a curious effect on individuals that usually suffer from aggravated flatulence."

While you're usually proud of the fact that you're quite capable of out belching your fellow frat brothers, you're now beginning to regret it. The book goes on to say that in usually gassy people, such as yourself, it will stimulate the production of gas in your gut and because of this, it'll take longer to belch and fart your way back down to normal.

"Well, it looks like I'm stuck like this for a while." Looks like this wasn't going to be the quick solution you thought it would. Still, it's pretty useful should anything else on the island try to fatten you up.

Looking back up at the other books, you find that a few more titles grab you attention.

You shake your head. Getting distracted this easily usually means it's time to chow down. You remember passing some berries on the way here that you saw in the omnibus. Something about them being "sweet and light yet filling." They sound like they'd hit the spot. A loud *braaaaap* from your behind reminds you that in your state, your a bit of an easy target now.

Maybe there's something lying around the tree house? Worse comes to worst, there are always more nuts lying around.

You have the following choices:

1. Wander outside and try to bring back the berries

2. Look at some of the other books

3. Explore the tree house some more

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 syke (UN: syke at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lord Hugo Prosperio has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1285074-Trapped-on-Obeso-Island/cid/461329-The-Book-shelf