*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1380168-Experience-nature-as-a-micro/cid/FKYPJRK4W-The-Once-Mythical-Panguan
by Tyneth
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Animal · #1380168
You shrink somewhere in our world and have to deal with several animals.
This choice: Approach the panguans cautiously  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

The Once-Mythical Panguan

    by: Genipher
You stare in delighted horror as the birds glide effortlessly across the snow. There had been talk of a creature that lurked in this barren world but everyone thought they were myth.

You rub your eyes, certain the cold has you hallucinating but, no. The panguans are still visible...and moving closer.

No man, or woman for that matter, had ever returned from an expedition to find these creatures so you hesitate before tentatively moving forward.

The logical part of you screams to flee. You're so small the panguans can easily destroy you. But the adventurer in you laughs in the face of danger, and sludges forward through the cold.

"Mwahahahaha! I laugh in the face of danger!" Your mighty roar actually comes out as a squeak...and the lead panguan hears it.

You shiver as you move closer to the birds, eager to get a better view of the Bigfoot of the bird world. As you hurry as fast as your tiny legs can move, the flock falls back and the leader of the panguans rushes forward and looms over you.

Your chin points toward the sky as you look up, up, up into curious green eyes. You fight the urge to pet the feathers, so black they gleam green, and suddenly realize how sword-like the bird's black beak looks.

"Hello," you say.

The panguan cocks its head and blinks, seeming to consider you. It looks at its flock and then back to you. You shiver as the giant monster of a bird lunges toward you.

You have the following choices:

1. The panguan is a friend

2. The panguan is a foe

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Genipher (UN: geniphery at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tyneth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1380168-Experience-nature-as-a-micro/cid/FKYPJRK4W-The-Once-Mythical-Panguan