*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The life of a warrior
  2. The beginning
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1454465-Faeries-Or-Food/cid/1042432-The-life-of-a-warrior
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #1454465
Choose to be the Faeries or the Predators or even be a simple observer.
This choice: Pixie  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

The life of a warrior

    by: Michael Jackson
Pixies are the male counterpart to Faerie's, with a stronger frame and a more fiery disposition they are born defenders. Soon after birth each Pixie is enrolled into training with a class of other Pixies in the art of martial combat and general group cohesion. Much like the Faeries they also receive a general education, though theirs is a little more thorough due to their comparably increased longevity. The birth of a Pixie is far less common than that of a Faerie, yet the population is sustained due to the fact that Pixie's have a much lower mortality rate than their female counterparts, there are two reasons for this. The first is the fact that predators are more apt to leave them alone due to the likeliness that they could become wounded during an attempt on a Pixie, predators are naturally adverse to risking their health on dangerous prey. Secondly the more intelligent predators are keenly aware of the fact that without Pixies, there would be no Faeries, and so no prey. Due to this fact, Pixie's generally have the run of Faerie society, due to the natural regenerative properties of the Faeries the Pixie's have a very strong sexual drive, contributing to the large population of Faeries.

Pixie's however are not entirely guilt free, there are whisperings that the Pixie's occasionally use the mishaps of Faeries as teaching material, even the accusation of occasionally orchestrating such events so as to allow the Pixies to swoop in to the rescue and increase their image, though things don't always go accordingly. They have also been accused by some Faeries and a few other Pixies as being callous and indifferent to the fate of the Faeries. This is true among many of the more experienced Pixie's who have grown thickskinned to the point where they joke amongst themselves about Faeries who have met less than fortunate ends.

Despite all this they do their best to keep the Faeries from ending up in a predators stomach, and reap the benefits. Recently however there has been talk of payback among the Pixies, revenge against some of the more nefarious predators, such as a hairless rat that had recently eaten it's way through an entire class of Faeries, or Billy, that damned child that had been snatching up Faeries for who knows what. Or even... Victor, that damned monster that's claimed more faeries than any other. Nonetheless the majority of the Warrens think it's all just tough talk among the Pixies. But Sigur, the oldest Pixie amongst the colonies and the head of the security forces, has been heavily considering such measures. Despite all this, not all Pixies are fighters, some of the weaker more intellectually leaning Pixies become scholars of the Warrens, seeking to log all the history of the Faeries.

Now step into the shoes of a Pixie.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Michael Jackson (UN: gooba11 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Michael Jackson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1454465-Faeries-Or-Food/cid/1042432-The-life-of-a-warrior