*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1454465-Faeries-Or-Food/cid/1047141-A-healthy-dose-of-respect
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #1454465
Choose to be the Faeries or the Predators or even be a simple observer.
This choice: Iglis reports to his guard duty.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

A healthy dose of respect

    by: Michael Jackson
It would be awhile before he reached the school, it was one of the younger classes of Faeries so luckily it would be closer to the warrens than if he had been stuck with some of the older brats. Rather than keeping the classes within the Warrens it had been decided to dig the compounds all across the territory that the Pixies controlled for several reasons, mainly however for the reason that the Warrens were getting far too large and conspicuous as it was and it would be better not to draw the attention of creatures of a larger nature. Another was the distraction that the Faeries offered to Pixies in training and vice versa, which would have been great were they studying anatomy, but less than ideal for other subjects. However in the end, the classrooms proved most useful as a safe house and a rest area for both Faeries and Pixies who had to travel across the forest. Over a time some had to be abandoned, usually for benevolent reasons such as the classroom near the lake being prone to flooding or the threat of an growing ant colony encroaching on the classrooms and the occasional young Faerie being carried off, or simply growing unstable with time. Other's however were lost to them through less than ideal circumstances, a large compound near the edge of their territory had been lost two months before to a pair of goblins who had smoked the young Faeries and their teachers out, snatching them up as they stumbled coughing from the entrance, suspicion grew after the first day they failed to return to the Warrens, and the second day when two Faerie's sent to investigate failed to return, on the third day a group of Pixies were sent to find out the fates of the students. They returned with the news that the damned creatures had caught so many they had held a three day feast by the classroom sucking down Faeries with glee. Apparently the compound had been so old that the escape exit's had collapsed long before the incident and none had bothered to fix them, a mistake they were sure to rectify in all the other facilities. Another class had been reporting the young Faeries disappearing on a almost daily basis for a week before it became clear why, A mother Faerie Spider had apparently given birth in one of the lower unused classrooms and had been snatching stragglers on their way to class to feed to her young, after a week they had erupted from the empty classroom and spread out across the compound, laying webs all across the walls and and floors, setting traps before they their mother had climbed down one of the escape exits chasing all the students and their teacher into the halls. The inexperienced Faeries had quickly fallen prey to the webs and those who managed to avoid them were snatched up by the Faerie Spiders, their reward an earlier acid bath than the others, from what the one Faerie who managed to escape said the Mother Spider personally ate the teacher as her children fucked and ate her students, wrapping up the remaining young Faeries, calculated holes left for the Spider's to pleasure themselves with through the following days. The young Faerie had hidden during the ordeal and escaped while they hibernated and slept off their meals, she had flown up a escape tunnel the Faerie Spiders had missed and rushed back to the Warrens to tell of what happened.
That compound was now a colony for the damned things, a breeding ground that had been pouring them out in record numbers. Faerie Spider's were more of a problem now than they had been in any season in memory, capturing Faeries and dragging them back to colony. Iglis had wanted to lead half the Pixies down there with torches and burn the bastards out, setting their webbing aflame and braining every one he saw, but it took some reminding on Sigurd's part that the Spider's could easily overpower most Pixies and they couldn't afford to lose half their security forces in an attempt at clearing out a colony of spiders.
However he could fly over the colony on his trip to the class and take a look, maybe he could spot something that would give him an idea. Finally out of the Warren's he took to the air, taking in the sight of the world around him. Such a beautiful place, clear blue ponds, magnificent tree's that would dwarf the puny shrubs the humans built their homes out of, and pretty plants aplenty. What a different world this must be for a Faerie, ever worried about which of pond's contained hungry amphibians and fish, which tree's contained squirrels or tree mice just looking for a fuckable meal, and which plant's were looking to fertilize themselves with tender Faerie flesh. After a few minutes of flying and contemplation he spotted a pair of young Faerie girls playing in a meadow, one he knew should be in class, the other being too young to be out of the Warrens alone. He recognized the one with the long red hair, her blue eye's twinkling as she laughed at some joke the other told her. News had reached back to the Warrens that her sister had flown headfirst into a dragonfly some days ago while attempting to escape to the Warrens to bring help to her friends who had stupidly flown into a web. After fucking her ass raw it had gulped her down and splattered what was left of her across the meadow a few hours later on it's way out. The other was young, perhaps the equivalent of a fifteen year old human girl, her shoulder length blond hair giving away her relation to that girl who had been devoured by a centipede some time back, Kara was her name she had a cute pair of twin sisters. A rustling in the tall grass nearby drew his attention though, the girls still playing didn't notice a skunk, eye's locked on the two of them with excitement. However a moment later it noticed Iglis, and that was all it needed before sinking back into the grass with fear written across it's face.
Iglis smiled, it was good that the beasts still had healthy respect for him, even if his own kind didn't. Flying down he landed in front of the Faeries, "You shouldn't bring her so far from the Warrens Sophie, it's dangerous," He scolded her. They looked surprised a moment at the sight of him but quickly enough that disappeared, Sophie looked abashed but the younger girl spoke up, "I'm old enough, you Pixie's don't need to worry about me, I can take care of myself old man." Sophie let out a little gasp, "Oesca! You shouldn't talk to him like that, forgive her Iglis, she's young and foolish, she'll grow out of it." Iglis looked at the child annoyed, "If I hadn't shown up she would not have, she would have ended up in a skunk's belly along with you, the beast was watching you from the grass." Oesca laughed, "I'm not afraid of some stupid smelly skunk, it's not like it would have caught us anyway, we're too fast." Sophie sighed behind her then grabbed her ear, "Shut up Oesca, he just saved our lives, you should show a little gratitude." Oesca batted her hand away, "As if, anyway, are you done here old man?" With a sigh Iglis shook his head, "I would leave the area, I don't think it will be back but it's always better to be safe, bring her back to the Warrens Sophie." With that he beat his wings and flew on toward the school. It wouldn't do for him to be late, a good thing he caught those twits though, any later and they would be skunk fat.
Watching Iglis fly away the Sophie leaned against a rock and laughed, "Lucky for you he didn't have time to stick around, his tirades can last hours. we should get out of here though before that skunk comes back." Oesca looked annoyed, "He said it himself, it isn't going to come back, it was too scared of that doddering old fool, which doesn't say much for the skunk." Sophie looked around, there was no sign of anything wrong, "Well alright, let's get what we came for, but then we are totally out of here." Oesca nodded begrudgingly and the two began searching.

You have the following choices:

1. Continue with Iglis.

2. Switch to one of the Faeries.

*Noteb*
3. Switch to the hungry Skunk.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Michael Jackson (UN: gooba11 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Michael Jackson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1454465-Faeries-Or-Food/cid/1047141-A-healthy-dose-of-respect