*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The begining
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1489039-Fantasy--Reality/cid/781228-The-begining
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Other · #1489039
A shrinking/GTS interactive...my first one!
Chapter #1

The begining

    by: DarkHeart
School had just finished as Arcadia rode the bus home, her headphones at max volume to silence the noise of the kids around her. As the bus stopped, she stood up and walked off the bus and across the road to her house.

"I'm home!" she called as she shut the door behind her.

"Hello!" her mother called from the kitchen doorway. Arcadia smiled and hugged her mother before heading into her room. Her room was designed in an oriental gothic theme, a 72" HD TV on the wall, a Xbox 360 and stereo system. She had a futon on the right wall and a twin sized bed decorated in black and silver butterflies. Arcadia sighed deeply and dropped her backpack next to the closet door as she plopped down onto her bed. She swung her legs freely over the bed's edge and closed her eyes before her mother's voice rang out through the silence

"Arcadia! Don't forget your little friend is coming to stay for the weekend! CLEAN UP!" She shouted from the kitchen. Arcadia mumbled and nodded to herself before hopping up from her bed.

~ A few hours later~

Arcadia whipped the sweat from her brow as she fell onto the couch, her legs giving out from under her. She went into her room and shut the door as her mother began setting up for Arcadia's friends, Alex. With his parent's permission, Alex was allowed to stay at her house the entire weekend. Mom and Dad trust Arcadia enough to leave her and Alex alone for a few hours while they go and pick up their eldest daughter, Megan, from the airport; just getting back from visiting her grandparents in Germany. Arcadia agreed, along with Alex, and Her mother began setting the living room up with snacks of all sorts and drinks, movies included ^^.

The doorbell rang as Arcadia sat on the couch, reading her Halo: the fall of reach book and her mom ran out happily. "Answer it!" her mother urged almost in a hushed tone and Arcadia simply rolled her eyes as she walked to the front door. She swung open the door and looked the guy before her up and down, taking in all his features.

"Alex?" She asked hopefully. His face lit up as he smiled, his eyes sparkled in amusement. He nodded and opened his arms, bringing her into a warm embrace. Arcadia laughed and wrapped her arms around him as well, her Mother walking into the living room.

"Ok you two...I'm trusting you. don’t disappoint me" Her mother's voice was soft but serious as she hugged her daughter and waved to Alex before heading out the door for the weekend. Arcadia sighed exhaustingly and fell onto the couch behind her. Alex laughed and sat down on the other end of the couch as he began to poke her head repeatedly. He laughed as she twitched with each poke.

"What're you doing?" she laughed and smiled up at him

"Nothing..." he laughed and poked her stomach. Arcadia shot up and laughed loudly.

"Ok...I'm going to go grab some movies...you sit here and get comfy.." she said in a seductive tone and headed up the stairs.

He grinned and nodded as she left upstairs. Alex stretched out on the couch, trying to get comfortable. As he watched the room around him, something caught his eyes; a strange purple vial on the fireplace, glowing in the fires light and casting a rainbow on the wall behind it. He quickly jumped to his feet and wandered over to the fireplace, the warmth oddly attracting him. Alex gripped the bottle tightly and popped open the corked lid with ease. A strange berry smell filled the air and he breathed deeply, enjoying the heavenly scent. Alex tilted the bottle and dipped his pinky into the liquid, a purple ooze filling the tip of his finger. He quickly darted his tongue out and swallowed the small amount. It was delicious! He quickly tipped the bottle to his lips, taking a very long chug of it before setting back onto the fireplace.

"What the hell did I just do?" He sighed and sat back onto the couch, grabbing a handful of chips. Alex's stomach gurgled rather loudly and he grabbed it in pain, his body screaming in utter pain. He gasped as he rolled onto his back, clenching his eyes as his breathing became rugged. Alex opened his eyes to the see the world spinning around him at an amazing speed! He shut his eyes tight and whimpered in pain before he fell into utter darkness. A strange, yet very strong, smell of many different forms of food filling his nostrils. He moaned tiredly and stretched his legs before reaching out to touch the couches back to help him sit up, but it wasn't there...Alex's eyes snapped open immediately, but he couldn't see the ceiling, only darkness. He stood up lazily and grabbed his head. He was surrounded in some kind of grass, reaching his waist line, and making it hard to move. He gripped at it but his hand shot back. this wasn't grass...IT WAS CARPET!

"Holy shit" Cried Alex as he looked to his left to see unfathomable sized couch leg. "I SHRUNK?!" He cried and spun around much too fast, causing him to fall into the deep carpet. This could be a huge problem..
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 DarkHeart (UN: darkheart13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DarkHeart has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1489039-Fantasy--Reality/cid/781228-The-begining