*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1510047-The-Book-of-Masks/cid/2460886-Prepping-for-a-Party
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1510047
A mysterious book allows you to disguise yourself as anyone.
This choice: Look for faces at the Warehouse  •  Go Back...
Chapter #14

Prepping for a Party

    by: rugal b.
The same line of thought that prevented you from going around town earlier and led you to the Warehouse as a possibility in the first place is back in play. Cassie could get you many places and into groups with many people. If sauntered up to people in a store or coffee shop or wherever it wouldn't be seen as unusual for her. But getting them alone? You don't want to have to wait around restrooms and changing rooms all day or sit in the corner of a Starbucks until someone who looks good enough decides to powder their nose. You got the mask of Cassie to have some fun and there's certainly nothing fun about that.

So the Warehouse it is though the problem then comes from the fact that things don't really start there until nine or ten o'clock. Thrifty Nifties, from what Cassie's brain is telling you, closes at nine on Sundays. You'd liked the idea of playing her while she was pre-occupied and that puts a bit of a dent in that idea. At the same time though it's not like she goes out to the Warehouse so you'd be under no worries about having her spot you. Well when you put it like that there's not really a problem.

You've still got time to kill until then so you decide that it'll be best to get out of the mask until you need to put it on again. You do groan at that because it means the time spent in getting ready and dressed and everything has been wasted. So you strip off the garments, give yourself one final appraisal, tell yourself that you'll need to come down here with the mask for a little "fun" of your own some time and finally remove the mask from your face.

* * * * *

Once you're back to yourself and dressed in your clothing another groan escapes as you realize you're going to have to tell your parents (in other words your dad) that you plan on going out. That means making up another story about hanging out with friends.most likely. Still it's not like you have a choice because if you stayed out and didn't tell them (him) then you'd be in deep shit. So you gather up what you believe you'll need -- the blank masks and bands, the sealant, the glue and the brush -- and shove them into the bag alongside Cassie's mask.

At home you don't even have time to so much as greet your parents before you notice your dad's stern glare from the living room. You're not sure what you might've done this time to earn it but you're sure that he'll tell you and indeed he does as he demands to know where the car buffer he loaned you is. That catches you off guard but you realize you can tie it into the excuse you were going to give your parents in the first place. You tell him that it's still with your friend because he wasn't finished with what he needed it for.

The glare turns into more of a scowl and you apologize, profess that you weren't thinking but said that it seemed easier to let him have it for now instead of lugging it back and forth as he's very trustworthy. You say that after dinner you're actually going back over to his place to help him finish up and you promise to bring it back with you tonight. He starts to say something but your mother pokes her head up from the book she's reading to give him a stern glare of her own and say his name.

Your father wants to argue but you can tell he knows that it would be pointless and he was beaten before he ever started. So he reminds you to have it back here by tonight and you reiterate your promise to him before going up to your room.

Flopping down on your bed it's yet another groan you let out. You don't think he'll lend you the buffer again and instead tell you that if you need to use it then you can use it in the garage. You don't want to buff masks here however especially not with a nosy little brother around; that sounds like a headache waiting to happen. So you'll have to figure out what to do about that buffer.

At the same time you'll have to figure out what to do about Cassie. Your time in her mask revealed to you the romantic feelings she harbors towards you. It's nice to know that there's someone who does care about you like that and you could certainly do far worse than her. At the same time however you're not sure about dating anyone. Your thoughts are still preoccupied with Lisa and as sweet as Cassie is she's no Lisa... well not right now at least; but she could be. If you could get a mask of Lisa and then put it onto Cassie then you'd certainly have a shot.

It wouldn't be the same Lisa granted but that same Lisa spent all summer with you acting as your girlfriend then insisted she never was so would that be a bad thing? Lisa Yarborough's looks with Cassie Harper's mind; you can't say that doesn't sound appealing. But that's for another time and quite frankly sounds ridiculous. What would you do with the real Lisa? Put her under Cassie's mask? It's all pie-in-the-sky fantasizing anyway so you push it from your mind. Instead you browse the internet and watch videos. When dinner time comes you eat and go back to what you were doing when you were done.

Finally you check the clock on corner of your laptop's screen. It's around a quarter after eight and you figure that it's time to get going. You gather everything and, saying goodbye to your parents, head out the door.

* * * * *

The Warehouse is exactly what it sounds like: an old, unused warehouse in the north side of town, a largely industrial area that has definitely seen better days as its largely run down and surrounded by the types of neighborhoods that one tends to find in towns (or areas of them) whose glory days are long past.

To say it's unused as well is perhaps not the best way to put it. Unused for its original purpose is more like it. The place has, over the years, become a local hang out for high schoolers looking to party it up and has evolved from simply a warehouse where parties are thrown into the Warehouse, a place that holds a near mythical and maybe even mystical place in the minds of Saratoga Falls' teenagers.

You're glad you left early because by the time you get to the Warehouse the parking lot is already beginning to fill up. If you had left an hour later then doubt you'd have been able to find anything which means either parking somewhere and hoofing it or just giving up for the night. You find a space farther away from the building and while you're not anticipating the walk (even though it's not that far) it's needed because you don't need a lot of people around you while you sit in your truck and change.

You grab Cassie's mask from the bag and stopping just a moment in anticipation you raise it to your face. You're not aware of how long you were out for and from your perspective it seems almost like the blink of an eye. What you are aware of however is the fact you feel much smaller and are practically swimming in your clothes. These are Will's clothes, you think to yourself as Cassie's thoughts and feelings come on strong.

Without thinking you're hugging yourself tightly both because of Cassie's contentment at her situation and because you have to admit that having her body feels good. It's vastly different from being a guy but it's not worse. You feel very soft and... you can't describe the other feeling. Comfortable? It's not physical but mental like the same sort of feeling you'd get wrapped in a soft blanket. Maybe that's just a product of Cassie though and another girl would feel different.

You take a hand and begin stroking and twirling a bit of your hair, a habit you're picking up from Cassie's mind. You're still not sure what you should do about her crush on you. The idea of swapping her with Lisa or someone else seems ridiculous but you're not sure that you're up to actually asking her out either because you're not sure how you feel about her.

You push those thoughts away once more however because you've got more important things to do. You divest yourself of your clothing and you're blushing furiously even though there's no one around you because you're sitting there nude in your truck. Very quickly you grab the panties and slip them on and the bra comes almost immediately after. Getting the jeans on is more of a pain because you don't have a lot of room to maneuver in the cab but eventually you're able to pull them up. The shirt, cardigan and flats are much easier. Last, much like earlier, comes the hairband and perfume.

You look at yourself in the rear view mirror and it's an odd thing to actually see those large gray eyes and the freckled face looking back at you and mirroring what you do. But you look nice, maybe not quite the kind of look that people would think of at the Warehouse but if anyone could pull off hanging out here looking like this then it's Cassie. You flash yourself a smile and are glad that it displays the same brightness and warmth as the ones you've seen her give.

You shove your normal clothes down onto the passenger side floorboard, grab your tote bag, hop out of the truck and make your way up to the building. The bag has everything you'll need to grab some more faces for more doppelganger shenanigans so you should be on the look out for anyone who seems interesting enough to copy. But that thought of swapping Lisa and Cassie... it is intriguing you have to admit. Maybe you won't swap them but what about using these masks to swap two people here? That could prove amusing.

But at the same time you also came here to have fun and you're starting to think that if you worry more about finding people to use the masks on you'll neglect the fun of going to a party as someone else. Maybe you should hold off on the masks and just worry about having a good time tonight.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. More faces means more fun for you

*Noteb*
2. Swapping people might be interesting

3. Forget all of it; just enjoy yourself

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 rugal b. (UN: rugal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1510047-The-Book-of-Masks/cid/2460886-Prepping-for-a-Party