*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Meet Danny, the new demigod
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1585268-Demigod/cid/732856-Meet-Danny-the-new-demigod
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Teen · #1585268
The gods had decided to change a teenage boy named Daniel into a demigod.
Chapter #1

Meet Danny, the new demigod

    by: scriptboy
Daniel Davis has always been a good boy. He was an only child from divorced parents, and he spent his life growing up in the custody of his mother. He went to the Boy Scouts and climbed the ranks all the way to Eagle Scout. He played soccer in middle school, and he was now sixteen years old and started his sophomore year in High School.

He was quiet and shy, but he was liked and popular. He wasn’t the strongest or the tallest or the most popular kid in class. He never stood out, either. He was just average. He was only 5 foot 6 inches tall, skinny, with brown eyes and brown, short hair. He always wore t-shirts and blue jeans, and he walked to school since he only lived a few blocks away. His friends, and his mom kept an eye on him, but they were happy with his behavior and his grades.

Unknown to Daniel, or ‘Danny’, as everyone would call him, the gods also kept their eyes on him. There was a big discussion on Mount Olympus, and Zeus and Perseus were trying to make a point.

“Those mortals! So narrow minded… So selfish… They don’t think the way we do!” Zeus said out loud. “We look after the needs of others and we use our powers to help others! But these mortals only look after themselves!”

“I object to that, Oh great one!” Perseus retorted. “If you were to give a mortal the power of a god, he will also use that power to help others!”

“Oh! He might… But not after he makes himself rich! Or the ruler over all the earth!” Zeus sneered.

“Alright! I dare you to take a mortal, and to give him the divine powers on earth! Then you shall see!” Perseus argued. “Not all mortals are as corrupt as you think!”

“FINE!” Zeus roared in reply. “I will take a mortal, and I shall make him into a demigod! I will do this to show you how quickly he will become corrupt and use his powers for personal gain!”

“Alright! However, you must allow me to pick the mortal, and I must be allowed to guide him while he has his powers!” Perseus said in response. “If he is successful, he must be allowed to keep his powers as well!”

That night, Perseus appeared in Danny’s bedroom, just after Danny had gone to sleep. A bright light had filled the room, and it had caused Danny to open his eyes. He was astonished when he saw a strange figure standing in his room, wearing white robes and sandals.

“Arise, Daniel Davis! I am Perseus! I’m here to grant you the powers of a Demigod!” Perseus said to the boy.

Daniel got up and stood in front of the god.

“What? Who? Who are you?” the teen wondered curiously.

Perseus walked closer to him and places his hands on Daniel’s shoulders. Suddenly, Danny’s body was surrounded by a bright, blue glow. After a few seconds, the glow had passed.

“You are now a demigod. You have the power to do just about anything! You can change anything and anyone, just by saying the command. You can control anything and anyone. You can also teleport and read minds and thought of others. You may not use these powers for selfish gain only, but to help other people! And, you may not kill or destroy other people! Is that clear?” Perseus instructed.

“Yes sir!” Danny said softly. “I understand. But, am I still allowed to change my own body?”

“Of course…” the god replied.

“What if I make a mistake? What if I screw up?”

“I will be watching you so don’t worry…” Perseus assured him, before he disappeared.

He disappeared into thin air, leaving Danny alone in his room, wondering what the following day would be like, his first day as a demigod.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 scriptboy (UN: scriptboy64 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
scriptboy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1585268-Demigod/cid/732856-Meet-Danny-the-new-demigod