*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. the renagad, part one
  2. the winter night
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1593733-short-stories/cid/758892-the-renagad-part-one
by zsaag
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #1593733
a list of stories that I've done
This choice: next story  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

the renagad, part one

    by: zsaag
As zsaag ran through the fields, holding his carbine close to his chest, he hoped to find shelter for the night. Getting to the bushes at the other end, zsaag crouched down, his breathing getting deeper and heavier. Looking back, he noticed that the drones were still following him. ‘Damn, I thought that I got rid of them.’ Putting his carbine on his back, he pulls around the Rossmore that he had with him. It came in handy when he was in empire, killing howlers and spider stalkers and the occasional grey jack that tried to get friendly with him. Jumping up and aiming his shot gun, zsaag thought that he could destroy the drones before they either kill him, or before they go to the Anthra and reporting his position, but there was one problem, the drones were gone. Looking all around his front, he couldn’t spot the flying killers anywhere. Sweat poured from his face as he searched, only to keep tripping over his own feet. As he kept looking, he started to hear a faint humming sound, this was zsaag’s new destination, ‘got ya.’ Running, zsaag got his Rossmore at the ready, the bullets eager to get out. Heading into the trees, the branches hitting his face and cutting it open, zsaag starts to get closer to humming, knowing that the drones were the source of the noise. When he got close enough, he could see the drones clearly, but one was down on the ground, and looked like it was destroyed when the other was hanging from a rope, half dead. “What the hell?” looking on the ground, zsaag saw that there were humans lying dead, all of them, slaughtered. ‘This is bad, this looks like Anthra, but not even those monsters would do something like this.’ Looking for any hint of what did this, he noticed that one of the bodies was still breathing, but barley. Rush over to help him, he notices that the boy was not even twenty. “Hey kid, you alright?” the body does not stir. “Damn.” Looking for any signs of Anthra, the boy in his arms began to wake. “Hey, you alright-“ zsaag was cut off. “G-G-Get out wh-while you can.” Zsaag couldn’t believe what he was hearing. ‘What kind of hell has he been through?’ before he could ask what happened, a blur went by his head. Looking for where it came from, zsaag could see a shadow in the tree. Looking down at the boy, he saw that what went past him was a piece of shrapnel that was thrown into the kids’ stomach. Barley breathing, the tried to get out one last word to him in desperation. “R-R-RUN FOR YOU-“ The boy stopped, his face frozen in fear as blood flowed from his mouth. Looking at his head, zsaag saw that another piece of metal was thrown into his skull. Looking back up at the shadow, it seemed to be laughing at the boys death, like it enjoyed it. “YOU BASTERED!!!!!” The figure kept laughing as it jumped down and ran into the trees for cover. Looking down at the boy who died, he could see that he was an innocent pawn in all this murder. Not able to hold it back, he let his tears flow from his eyes, his feelings taking over his mind. “RRRRRRAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” As he yelled, the animals in the trees ran and flew away from the noise. When he was done yelling his lungs out, he hung his head in agony. Looking back up, his face was turned to stone, it showed no emotion what so ever. “I’ll kill you for that.” Laying the kid down, zsaag looked next to him and saw a Fareye sniper rifle. Placing both his Folsom carbine and Rossmore on his back, he slings the Fareye over his chest and grabs two 9mm and some ammo before dumping some fuel that was nearby onto the bodies of the humans, but he poured more fuel onto the boy that was killed in his arms. “I promise, I’ll kill that laughing prick in your name.” taking out a match, he thou it onto the bodies, setting them all ablaze. “And thanks for the rifle, I’ll put it to good use.” After giving them all uliagies, zsaag took one last look aat the fire and set off for the beast that killed them all.







You have the following choice:

1. next story

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 zsaag (UN: e43rty at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
zsaag has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1593733-short-stories/cid/758892-the-renagad-part-one