*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Event commencement
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1595554-Individual-Reality-Warper/cid/753643-Event-commencement
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1595554
A sister story to Reality Warping
Chapter #1

Event commencement

    by: Tolchok
Rebecca came home from school. Her sister Lauren was filling out a college application. Her mother Cassandra had finished washing the dishes, and was now watching a soap opera. Rebecca's younger sister Kim was watching alongside her mother.

"Hey Bec, some device came in the post this morning", her mother called.
"Oh cool, who's it from?" asked Bec.
"No return address. Sorry."

Bec quickly went up to her room to find a small package on her pillow. Mum must have put it there, she thought. She read a card.

"We have access to technology far advanced of humanity, and believe you would be deserving of this device. You have no need to worry about this device falling into the wrong hands, as it is pre-programmed so that only you can use it. Use it wisely, though."

Bec opened the package to find what looked like an iPod touch. Except the buttons below read "Warp", "Reset", "Analyse" and "Lock". There was a manual that came with it.

"This device is similar to our Universal Reality Warper, except it is tuned to individual people, meaning that you can alter any individual in many different ways. They, and everyone else around them (except for you) will accept the changes as if reality had always been that way.

To change an individual, simply choose a mode, then a setting. Aim at the subject and press Warp. Some settings will require the personal details of the subject, in which case, the Analyse button should be pressed first. If you find it difficult to aim at the subject, press Lock to freeze time. Pressing Warp will unfreeze time and alter the subject.

Once altered, the subject will have always been like that, and all evidence of their existence (such as photographs and videos) will prove so. Their mind will be modified to believe that they had always been that way. People around them will be equally accepting of the change, even if it is unusual or taboo in normal reality.

The reset button will turn everybody back to normal. Neither they nor people around them (except for you) will retain any memory of the changes."

Bec was skeptical, but at the same time, was willing to try out the device. Her family was there, and her friend Sarah was coming over later.

She decided to try it out on...

You have the following choices:

1. Herself

2. Her mother

3. Lauren

*Noteb*
4. Kim

*Noteb*
5. Sarah

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Tolchok (UN: ndrly at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tolchok has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1595554-Individual-Reality-Warper/cid/753643-Event-commencement