*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Shannon
  2. The Starting Gates
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1602263-Dr-Tickles-Torture-Dungeon/cid/815990-Shannon
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Dark · #1602263
Five young friends find themselves trapped in the carnival funhouse of a demented sadist.
This choice: Shannon  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Shannon

    by: Veroom
Shannon barely had time to be frightened by the fall before ejecting from the shute and landing (more colliding) uncomfortably front-first. Groaning and picking herself up, she noticed without much amusement that her landing surface was actually a strategically-placed mattress on the stone floor of the chamber she now found herself alone in.

Dressed conservatively for Halloween in a long black dress, gloves, stockings and pointy shoes to appear as a witch (though she had lost her hat earlier in the night), the serious girl briefly wondered if the others had suffered similar landings - and if any of them were hurt - as she scanned the room. Lit only by torches on the walls, the walls looked cold and unfriendly. Scattered sparingly were the half-hearted decorations Shannon had come to expect from this fair - manacles attached to one wall, a skeleton (obviously fake... right?) lying on the ground by another, and so on.

Of more attention, she quickly noticed that the room appeared to have four exits. There were three doors with arched-carnival stylings in the walls to her front, left, right. There is also a trapdoor in the ceiling above. Approaching the one in front of her, she caught sight of a stone plaque, which featured a careful engraving of what appeared to be a chair with shackles on the arms and front legs. Turning and crossing to the door on her left, curious if it had a similar sign, Shannon discovers the depiction of a medieval-style rack. Turning to her right to examine that door, Shannon finds an engraving of a baby crib. Then, looking overhead, Shannon discovers a set of pull-down stairs leading up to a latched door in the ceiling. A sign affixed beside the door reads ‘ESCAPE HATCH’ in red. There is also a red safety light next to the hatch, though it is off at the moment.

Not caring much for the decor, and eager to get out of this basement and this fairground altogether, Shannon charged out of one of the doors at random, which happened to be...
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Veroom (UN: nabigou at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kuddles has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1602263-Dr-Tickles-Torture-Dungeon/cid/815990-Shannon